|Date Posted:||Monday, September 24th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Baton Rouge, LA|
|Required Skills:||DB2, Development, Hardware, HTTP, J2EE, Java, Linux, Management, MySQL, mysql, Perl, Security, SQL, System Administrator, Sysadmin, Admin, Unix, WebSphere, Windows|
Where will you find innovation and technology? Right here at Northrop Grumman Corporation. Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a System Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in defining the future. This position will be located in Baton Rouge, LA. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information technology support services contract for the Department of Children and Family Services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted user communities and management. Install, configure new applications and apply application patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and monitoring utilities. Provide Tier II application support and service other support requests from various entities within the organization. Investigate and troubleshoot issues. Perform periodic security and performance reviews and create reports for management review. Create and maintain operational, configuration, and other technical documentation. Responsible for professional oral and written communications to clearly and effectively convey issues, reports, and other deliverables to counterparts.
* To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited institution and 3 years of relevant experience
* Possess a solid working knowledge of Unix/Linux and Windows Server operating systems
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Solid organizational abilities
* Must be either a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
* Experience with J2EE Application server such as WebLogic, Websphere, JBOSS.
* Background in application support/development using any of C, C++, JAVA, PERL, etc.
* Experience with databases including DB2, MS SQL, MySQL etc. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Number of Openings: 2
US Citizenship Required for this Position: No
Business Sector: Information Systems
About NORTHROP GRUMMAN:
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. We hold ourselves to a higher standard, both in the products we deliver and in the way we conduct ourselves throughout the entire customer experience. Because, after all, we are in the business of securing a great deal more than just our place in the market. Our mission is to be at the forefront of technology and innovation, delivering superior capability in tandem with maximized cost efficiencies. The security solutions we provide help secure freedoms for our nation as well as those of our allies. Squarely meeting our obligations, fiscally and technologically, isn't just a business goal, but a moral imperative. To that end, as we evolve as a company, the responsibility we feel for our country and the citizens and troops we help support grows with us.