|Date Posted:||Monday, September 24th, 2018|
|Job Location:||McLean, VA|
|Required Skills:||Manager Software Development 3|
The Enterprise Shared Services sector of Northrop Grumman is seeking a Software Development Manager 3. This position will report to the Director of Business and Program Management Horizontal under the Applications Services organization and will the respective program offices to ensure all project deliverables are on schedule and within defined budgets. The selected candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of approximately 20 software engineers, providing application service delivery for the Business and Program Management applications which Planning, Pricing and EVMS. Responsibilities include:
* Assess current and projected staffing needs.
* Manage labor budgets and develop labor forecasts.
* Develop and organize staff into teams, including primary and backup resources, to support the statement of work of the group, aligning staff capabilities, skills, and interests with project requirements.
* Establish meaningful goals and provide ongoing performance feedback against goals including coaching and mentoring to improve technical, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
* Develop compensation plans for employees.
* Ensure adherence to architecture tenets, standards for application development, SOX controls, audit findings, policies and procedures.
* Ensure issues are managed through incident management, change management and associated escalation processes.
* Work directly with each employee to develop a comprehensive Employee Development plan, and meet periodically to discuss plan progress. This position also requires collaboration and team building across multiple domains and a demonstrated ability to independently prioritize, plan and execute work tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment to produce high quality results.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology / Engineering or related technical field.
* 10 years of experience with a minimum of 2 years of technical lead experience in a team environment.
* Experience with SAP functionality.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, and presentation).
* Must be able to make decisions with minimal support.
* Proven experience managing multiple simultaneous projects in various stages of the development life cycle.
* Proven ability to lead, motivate and inspire a diverse team.
* Experience with software development life cycle and processes.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber security, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-Virginia-McLean
Number of Openings: 1
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Business Sector: Corporate