|Date Posted:||Tuesday, September 25th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Fort Wayne, IN|
|Job Duration:||Over 1 year|
|Required Skills:||video engineer server operations VoD linear IMG cluster infrastucture Linux Red Hat RHEL Windows telecommunications telco/cable audio MPEG2 internet caching FiOS IPTV streamers|
Our Telecommunication Client is seeking a Video Engineer. One year contract. Full time hire possible if desired.
Will serve as a member of the Video Server Operations Group which is responsible for support systems required to deliver linear video, Video on Demand (VoD), and Interactive Media Guide (IMG). Maintains the clustered server infrastructure used to service multiple geographically distributed video markets. Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the systems infrastructure. Involved in hardware procurement, system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, troubleshooting and servicing using skills as an experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and procedures. Resolves a wide range of server hardware and application issues. Demonstrates considerable judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions Handles shift work, unusual hours, and on-call rotations as required. Document and record system changes and enhancements. Maintains system backup and restoration processes
Desired Skills and Experience:
Requires 5+ Years experience with RHEL or Windows Server Environments
Requires 3 -5 years Linux or Windows Administration experience maintaining multiple servers across multiple domains in a mixed Windows/Linux environment
Requires 3 – 5 years System Automation/Scripting in Shell (Bash and/or C Shell), Perl, Python or Powershell
Requires 3 – 5 years’ experience configuring SYSLOG - Local and Remote
Requires 3 – 5 years Red Hat Cluster or Windows clustering
Requires 3 – 5 years Apache Web Server or Internet Information Services
3 – 5 years with MSSQL or MySQL
Must have experience installing applications in a Clustered environment for High Availability and failover.
Must have a working knowledge of symmetric and asymmetric encryption commonly used in PKI.
Requires 3 – 5 years Nagios, Icinga, or SCOM – Installation, Configuration and Tuning
Experience with Video and Audio CODECS related to MPEG2,4 and ABR HLS.
Experience with MPEG Transport streams, encoders, transcoders, Media Converters, and Encryption.
Experience in the Cable TV Head Ends and Telecommunications Delivery networks (DSL and PON technologies)
Certification highly desirable but not required
• Red Hat RHCT/RHCSA or Microsoft MCSA preferred
• Red Hat RHCE on RHEL 6 and RHDS or Microsoft MCSE Highly Desirable
Eight or more years of network engineering experience performing hands-on network design, configuration, and troubleshooting of carrier or large enterprise networks, 3+ year experience with video caching, CDN, and video or web acceleration technologies. Tier 1 or Tier 2 . Telco/Cable experience highly desired.
• Strong experience authoring network specifications and diagrams (MS Word/Visio or equivalent)
• Strong experience working with multicast and next-generation Video delivery technologies (IPTV, ABR HLS, Smooth Streaming, etc.)
• Strong experience with internet caching technologies and/or global CDNs (Akamai, LimeLight, EdgeCast, etc.)
Additional Job Details:
• Strong experience with Web technologies and protocols (HTTP, SSL, HTML, XML, etc.)
• Experience configuring and maintaining content delivery systems such as caches, streamers, origin servers, request routing systems, load balancers, log aggregation systems, etc.
• Experience with FiOS, IPTV (Mediaroom) and TV Everywhere (Azuki) middleware systems
• Experience with Windows and Linux system administration and related tools
• Experience programming and/or a working knowledge of scripting languages used in Linux and Windows Systems.
• Experience configuring common Internet services and applications (Web, DNS, SFTP, etc.)
• Experience with tools for stress testing of networks and related equipment
• Experience with packet/protocol fault analysis for common IP and Ethernet protocols using network traces or sniffer captures