|Date Posted:||Tuesday, September 25th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Washington, DC|
|Required Skills:||Analysis, Analyst, Call Center, Customer Service, Development, Help Desk, HTTP, Metrics, PeopleSoft, Research, Security|
Where will you find innovation and technology? Right here at Northrop Grumman Corporation. Northrop Grumman Information Systems Sector is seeking a PeopleSoft Help Desk Analyst 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals, supporting the Treasury's HR Connect program. This position will be located in Washington DC. As a member of the HR Connect Help Desk, the candidate will be responsible for working independently and supporting Treasury's 14 customers, including the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Department of Labor (DOL). The candidate will be responsible for proactively monitoring the production system each day, which will include generating nearly two dozen daily reports, identifying and reporting data integrity issues, working with the customers to resolve the data issues, updating the Department Security Tree, creating ad hoc queries to help the customers with reporting needs and internal audits. The candidate will also be responsible for conducting independent research and extensive requirements analysis of the complex application and will provide technical and functional assistance to Treasury's HR Connect customers and research and development team, which includes but is not limited to, evaluating reported issues, replicating issues, creating trace files, documenting system problems, and working with the development team to resolve problems. In addition, the candidate may be responsible for evaluating customer requests for enhancements and providing product expertise and guidance to ensure the modification aligns with the overall system design and functionality. US Citizenship and a Government background investigation are required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Resolve technical problems and answers queries that originate by telephone, voice mail or e-mail.
* Record, maintain and update customer and issue records in the issue tracking tool.
* Perform analysis of problems and assist program users.
* Work with technical, customer service or development staff to escalate and resolve recurring problems and issues with applications
* Document and submit appropriate resolutions to the knowledge repository to support create efficiencies for the helpdesk as a whole.
* Develop an understanding of the numerous process flows to other IT systems, create and maintain user accounts
* Create Help Desk tickets in the designated ticket tracking system, provide an initial acknowledgement to the end user validating receipt of the ticket
* If possible resolve ticket, communicate resolution to the end user and obtain customer sign-off before closing ticket. If unable to resolve thoroughly document ticket with actions taken in an attempt to resolve and escalate ticket in accordance with company procedure
* Assist users with account creation, accessing and using IT systems
* Update Standard Operating Procedures documents to adapt to new system functionality or configuration changes
* Receive, triage and route tickets to Tier 2 Help Desk according
* Analyze, log and track issue and problem tickets related to Intelink application
* Compile and organize data for monthly status reports
* Provide trend analysis and metrics to the Government based on gather data and monthly status reports
* Provide daily written and oral communications, make recommendations for improving documentation
* Ensure compliance with security procedures for data handling, participate in planning sessions for process improvement
* A Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline and a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience with COTS system implementations is required.
* Must possess the ability to work across functional and technical teams to identify and report issues, coordinate activities, recommend and develop solutions in a dynamic environment.
* Must be able to work independently and possess strong analytical, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
* Must be customer and detail oriented and possess good decision-making ability.
* Ability to juggle multiple tasks and quickly change focus based on a change in the volume and urgency of user support requests.
* Offers are contingent upon Government approval and the candidate's ability to pass a Government background check. US Citizenship required. Preferred Qualifications
* Previous help desk experience at HR Connect.
* Previous Service Desk/Call Center experience, basic account administration, and Remedy experience.
* Previous Federal HR experience as well as PeopleSoft version 9.0 or higher experience is highly desirable.
* Previous help desk experience is highly desirable.
* Experience in working with the National Finance Center is also desirable.
* Experience using a standard helpdesk issue tracking system
* Strong written and verbal communications skills. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. CIVILED
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-District of Columbia-Washington
Number of Openings: 1
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Business Sector: Information Systems