|Date Posted:||Tuesday, October 2nd, 2018|
|Job Location:||Santa Clara, CA|
|Job Duration:||Over 1 year|
|Required Skills:||junior mid level test engineer bios stress load lab networking hardware thin client qa configuration VDI VMware linux windows embedded C C++ Java Python PHP Ruby scripting software automation tools|
Our client is looking for a Junior to Mid Level Test Engineer.
Test Engineer to perform various types of testing such as black-box, performance, load, stress and functional testing, tracking all results & methodically reporting upon them. The applicant will validate to the highest quality standards the Thin Client programs stability and usability and act upon any discrepancies found. Familiarity with the SDLC cycle, various test environments and tools is valuable. Test Engineer will assist in maintaining the SQA Lab environment reproducing reported bugs.
• A BS degree in a Computer Science, or Engineering discipline
• Knowledge of computer programming in one of the common languages or simple scripting languages (C, C++ , Java or Python, PHP, Ruby).
• Knowledge of programming, databases, operating systems usage, and compilers
• Knowledge of HW setup, configuration and BIOS setup
• Understanding of various Operating Systems such as Linux, Embedded Windows
• Trained on the SDLC and all requirements for Quality standards
• Understanding of a VMware or VDI environment, or virtualization
• Ability to develop simple scripts for automation of basic commands
• Understanding of SVN or other code management s/w and branching strategies
• Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to rapidly assimilate new information and develop general knowledge of system being tested.
• Understands automated testing tools , importance of them and their procedures.