|Date Posted:||Tuesday, October 9th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Fort Greely, AK|
|Required Skills:||Engineer Field 2 / Cisco /Unix|
NGIS IAMD has an opening in Clear Air force Station, Alaska for a Field Engineer 2. Candidate will conduct technical analysis of product implementations, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations. Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends actions to company or customer representatives for coordinative product solution. Assesses product needs in accordance with customer specifications. Conducts technical training and product briefing with customers, vendors and company representatives. Acts as local on-site representative to customers organization. Position work location is Clear Air Force Station, Alaska
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline or related field with 2 years of related experience. An additional 4 years of professional and related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
* Active Secret Security Clearance and ability to obtain COMSEC and Top Secret Clearance required.
* Knowledge of local area networking (LAN) fundamentals with specific experience working with Ethernet routers, switches, and protocols in TCP-IP based communications system.
* Strong work ethic, willingness to learn, and ability to work unsupervised at a remote site and interface with a diverse group.
* Knowledge of UNIX, SNMP and HP OpenView applications.
* Ability to travel up to 10%- 25% of time as needed. Preferred Qualifications- Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Security + or DOD 8570 level 2 certification
* CCNA certification
* Understanding of KIV-19 M operations
* Experience with UNIX and Cisco applications and commands
* Experience with Cisco switches and routers
* MMICS Database knowledge
* Full understanding of networks and networking infrastructure equipment
* Process orientation and strong skills in using and following documented processes / checklists.
* Willing to work flexible schedule to maintain operational capability.
* Knowledge of military command, control, and communication systems.
* Strong Communications Skills.
* Knowledge of maintenance, logistics, and MMICS database desired.
* Self-motivated and ability to work alone as necessary
* Team player.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-Alaska-Fort Greely
Number of Openings: 1
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Business Sector: Information Systems