|Date Posted:||Thursday, October 11th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Santa Monica, CA|
|Required Skills:||Java, Android SDK, MySQL, XML, JSON and web services, Bugzilla or Jira|
Kforce client in Santa Monica, CA is hiring for an Android Developer for permanent opportunity. The Software Engineer - Android- in this role is responsible for mobile software development for Beats' family of products. This individual will be working to develop awesome software that is scalable, functional, and reliable.
* Develop mobile applications for the Android mobile operating systems.
* Develop user interfaces that are intuitive, usable, visually appealing and easy to learn.
* Develop software requirements specifications and software design specifications.
* Develop working, readable, testable, scalable, maintainable, and quality source code.
* Deliver materials on time, on budget, and of high quality.
* Work with hardware and software developers in a wide range of disciplines to develop fully integrated applications.
* B.S. in Computer Science or other related disciplines.
* 5+ years of software development.
* 3+ years of hands on development experience in Java, and Android SDK.
* 3+ years experience using integrated development environments such as Eclipse.
* Must have developed applications that are currently available in Android marketplaces, or are used widely by a large group (executables, documents, or any materials will be asked for during the interview process).
* Must have experience developing for multiple form factors (Phone/Tablet) and multiple resolutions.
* Experience with Bluetooth, and NFC wireless technologies on Android platforms.
* Experience with the Google's Android user interface guidelines.
* Experience with user stories, use cases, UML, and any other requirements/designs methodologies.
* Experience with third party APIs such as Facebook, Google Analytics, Gigya, Spotify, etc.
* Experience with fast prototyping tools (i.e. mockflow, or photoshop) for wireframes and full user interface prototypes.
* Experience with other technologies like MySQL, XML, JSON and web services.
* Knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design with appropriate use of Design Patterns.
* Knowledge of source code control tools like Git, SVN or CVS.
* Knowledge of Agile software development. Knowledge of other software development life cycles like RUP or Waterfall is acceptable.
* Knowledge of bug tracking tools like Bugzilla or Jira.
* Familiarity with Test Driven Development experience and knowledge of testing frameworks such as JUnit, JMock, etc.
* Familiarity with voice recognition and sensor based SDKs.
* Experience with iOS development is a plus.
* Experience with PC or Mac application development is a plus.
* Experience with web development is a plus.