|Date Posted:||Thursday, October 11th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Seattle, WA|
|Required Skills:||Senior Software Development Engineer (Python)|
Senior Software Development Engineer
As the Senior Software Development Engineer, this role will report directly to the Software Development Manager working on our backend development team. This role will work on the service layer – both with creating a new base and building highly efficient and scalable software on top of that. This role will also help create innovative ways to tackle analytics such as geospatial problems, machine learning and trending analysis.
Key metrics for Year 1 success in this role:
• Move majority of existing stored procedures and business logic to a centralized RESTful Service Layer (API).
• Optimize existing calculation performance to reduce load times and improve customer experience. This will range from refactoring existing logic in queries, to implementing parallel processing techniques to improve performance.
• Work with and support the Front-end team as we build new interfaces and reports to take advantage of the vast amount of telematics data at our disposal. Work in this area will range from Geospatial calculations, event-based alerting, and historical trending analysis (regression analysis and machine learning).
This role requires a highly motivated individual who is comfortable with rapid changes in direction and environment. The ideal candidate is customer oriented, results driven, and passionate about delivering innovative quality services to delight our customers. To be successful, you will need to work well in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Develop applications and services across our technology stack to deliver new features and support for our products.
• Deliver software features with exceptional quality, meeting designated release plans and delivery commitments.
• Work closely with other team member in guiding software architecture and technology decisions to emphasis quality, performance, usability, and sustainability, empowering the end goal of releasing a world-class user experience and business value to our customers.
• Instrument our code to achieve insight on business metrics, usage, and performance.
• Follow software engineering best practices and provide technical mentorship to other members of the team.
• 7+ years of experience for software development
• Experience with Python, PostGres, and/or Cassandra required
• RESTful API experience required
• SQLAlchemy or any other Object Relational Mapper (ORM) required
• Experience within a big data, high transaction environment preferred
• GIS experience a plus
• Experience in designing and building large scale systems. Demonstrated knowledge with distributed and multi-threaded implementations a plus.
• Ability to work well with others, motivate other team members, and thrive in a dynamic and challenging work environment. Able to set goals and achieve scheduled deadlines.
• Passionate orientation and attention to customer satisfaction.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.