|Date Posted:||Friday, October 12th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Somerset, NJ|
|Job Duration:||1 - 3 months|
|Required Skills:||Intermediate Deskside Customer Engineer|
Apply for a Deskside Customer Engineer job in Somerset, NJ with a Fortune 500 company! Candidate will provide deskside support for customer departments. The candidate will be responsible for planning, training, and providing direction to the technical team within their assigned area of focus. At times, he/she will become the first point of contact in escalation cases required for ticket resolution. Candidate will also be responsible for providing technical management within a team in a technologically difficult environment.
• Main responsibilities for this role (but not limited to):
- Provides advanced technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills while serving as a link between the customer, the company, and product management in order to solve the customer’s issues within a quick time frame.
- Explore, analyze, identify and solve issues with customer systems, including computer hardware & software, peripheral equipment, and networks using documented processes where available and best practices where not.
- Keeps a 'closed-loop' communication style in order to notify all of the appropriate individuals of ongoing problems and their resolution status.
- Complete computer imaging including software & hardware authentication and pre-delivery testing.
- Execute other tasks assigned, which may include Help Desk support, conference facility set-up, and project work.
- Provide training for new employees on the foundations of the company’s services and departmental processes.
- Continuously contribute to the development of content.
- Lead a small project team and be a contributor in various areas within the department.
• Knowledge and skills required:
- Customer service experience desirable.
- Excellent logical and problem solving-skills.
- Knowledgeable in hardware, operating systems and networking.
- Have exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong presentation skills needed for document analysis and delivering technical information are preferred.
- Be able to work independently.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experienced in Experience in Linux operating environments and cloud-environments.
- A+ Certification is required.
- ITIL, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer for Windows (MCSE), Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT), and HDI Support Analyst certifications are desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or an IT-related field or at least 5 years of IT related experience.
- 3-7 years of experience.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity with a Fortune 500 company in the IT field, apply to this Deskside Customer Engineer job in Somerset, NJ to start the next step in your career!