|Date Posted:||Wednesday, October 17th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Houston, TX|
|Required Skills:||Object-Oriented Java Developer|
Immediately seeking a Mid and Senior Object-Oriented Java Developers for a Direct Hire role with one of our Fortune 100 global retail organization utilizing Best-in-the class technologies located in the West South Central region
This well established Fortune 100 Global Retail organization firm offers:
- An upwardly mobile career
- Managers who are also very technical
- Lucrative compensation (salary + bonus + Stock options)
- Excellent benefits (insurance, 401k matching, pension, etc.)
- Vacation package starts on day one
* We get to talk directly to the different hiring managers to discuss why you're a good candidate for these roles, so feedback is expected quickly.
This position will be a senior/mid-level member of their MDM team and below is the emphasis
Mid – Senior Java Developer
Working within large, distributed teams to design and develop complex, high performance master data management systems.
Required experience includes:
• Mid level Developer - at least 3 years of development experience using Java / J2EE
• Senior level Developer - at least 7 years of OO Java application design and development experience (or at least 3 years of Java required with previous 4 years using some other OO language such as C++ or C#)
- Strong object oriented analysis, design, and programming (OOADP) background
- JDBC, Hibernate (or some other OR mapping tool)
- Experience designing RDBMS tables and writing SQL queries, stored procedures, etc. in Oracle, Sybase, DB2, etc.
- MongoDB, Apache Cassandra, Apache Spark, and Hadoop are all preferred skills (these skills are being used currently).
- Experience with Spring framework and Agile development methodology is a plus
- Using UML to create design documents is preferred.
- Practical experience with Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, OAS, JBOSS, or other web/application servers
- Experience working in a Unix (preferably Solaris) and/or Linux environment – Unix/Linux Shell Scripting skills needed
- Practical experience working on at least one mid to large scale application
- Experience with large, distributed development teams is preferred
- Experience using Subversion, ClearCase, CVS, PVCS, or some other configuration management/version control tool