|Date Posted:||Thursday, October 18th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Tulsa, OK|
|Job Duration:||Over 1 year|
|Required Skills:||Unix Java Developer with OLTP|
Mastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are currently seeking a Java Developer with OLTP for our client in the Telecom domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
Location: Tulsa, OK 74117
Compensation: Depend on Experience
Role: Java Developer with OLTP
Role Description: The Java Developer with OLTP would need to have at least 5+ years of experience.
Must be strong in PL/SQL with working level knowledge of applications written in C/C+ and Java. We are working projects that require database programming and fixing database queries in applications.
- Design and code from specifications, analyzes, evaluates, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex OLTP software applications.
- Uses coding methods in specific programming languages to initiate or enhance program execution and functionality.
- Participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and selection of hardware and software solutions.
- Perform project management related task mainly around estimating, scheduling, and monitoring tasks.
- Performs expert-level engineering tasks associated with the analysis, design, and development of complex OLTP software applications, its underlying database and interfaces with external applications.
- Develop, maintain, and report operations metrics.
- Interface with different departments within the organization regarding new deployments.
- Research/analyze data processing functions, methods and procedures - Monitor program execution for expected performance.
- Requires bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 10+ years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Required Experience and Skills:
- 10 + years of hands-on experience as a Software Engineer in IBM and SUN Unix platform.
- 10+ years of hands-on Analysis, Design, Development, and Testing of applications and databases written in C/C++, J2EE with PL/SQL and DB packages written in Sybase and Oracle.
- Extensive experience with Technology Re-Platform initiative.
- Migrating OLTP applications written in C/C++, J2EE, Perl/Shell scripts, with underlying DB objects and PL/SQL packages from Sybase and IBM UNIX to Oracle and SUN Solaris UNIX.
- Strong working knowledge administering and managing applications running on Apache/JBoss and Test Automation.
- Strong Knowledge of Telecom Domain and Customer Self Service and real time Ordering and Processing of Wholesale Telecom products.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
Experience: Minimum 5+ years
Relocation: No, this position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor
Years of Experience Required: More than 5 years
Expected Travel Time: None
About Mastech, Inc.:
Since 1986, we've been helping companies find the IT talent they need to grow, matching IT professionals with exciting new opportunities to advance professionally. Whether you need to staff a project or need to find a job, make Mastech your talent partner.
With 30 years of experience under our belts, we know a thing or two about IT staffing. Mastech evolved from a start-up IT staffing firm into a leading provider of high-quality IT talent with expertise in complex technologies, a high degree of professionalism, and an ability to deliver results. Thanks to our team’s dedication—and under the guidance of CEO Kevin Horner, formerly CIO of metal mega-giant Alcoa - Mastech was the fastest-growing public staffing firm in the US in 2012. Today, Mastech has more than 200 employees and 850 consultants nationwide. We’ve also been listed four times as an Inc. Magazine fastest-growing company in the U.S.; named among the Top 100 Hot Growth companies by BusinessWeek; and recognized in the Technology Fast 50 by Deloitte. We don’t play favorites; we partner with clients in every industry, including financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, telecommunications, transportation, as well as in the public sector.