|Date Posted:||Friday, October 19th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Seattle, WA|
|Required Skills:||Senior Network Engineer|
Are you a Senior Network Engineer who gets excited about designing and implementing Networking Systems? If so, this could be your ideal position! Our client is a local bank based in downtown Seattle and they are seeking a Senior Network Engineer to join their team. The person in this position will work directly with the Vice President of IT in road-mapping the layout of the networking system for the next 5 years. You will also act as a technical lead while providing guidance and direction for junior engineers. In addition, this role will be the final escalation point so there will not be an on-call rotation schedule. Our client is hoping to hire quickly so please apply today for details on this exciting opportunity!
Responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring and maintaining Network infrastructure of IT infrastructure.
• Plan, Design, install, and support LAN and WAN network hardware and software. This includes all routers, switches and monitoring software.
• Design, plan, install and maintain adequate disaster recovery capabilities to meet the production support needs of the business.
• Act as a technical lead for junior engineers
• Establish and maintain appropriate security configurations and controls for all network components.
• Establish and maintain tools and procedures for regular and frequent monitoring of network alerts.
• Create and follow documentation for systems and processes and procedures appropriate for the role, which may include network device information, configuration & change management, security monitoring, disaster recovery, etc.
• Remain current on new technologies regarding emerging network technologies.
• Provide troubleshooting and support for network issues.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting LAN/WAN in enterprise environments.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with Microsoft Windows 2003 and/or 2008.
• Cisco CCNA or higher preferred.
• Strong TCP/IP experience is required
• Strong Network monitoring and troubleshooting experience is required
• Experience with MPLS, BGP, EIGRAP, RAP, RIP and OSPF.
• Experience with Cisco Nexus series switches.
• Experience with Cisco Voice over IP a plus.
• Experience with Aruba Wireless a plus.
• Experience with Linux a plus.
• Experience with Cisco Prime infrastructure a plus.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with individuals across all areas and levels of the company.
• Must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing as well as on the telephone and in person. Be able to document policies, procedures and work instructions.
• Possess good judgment, ability to accept responsibility and handle confidential information. Be able to accept security responsibilities and administer systems with the highest degree of trust.
• Ability to work as part of team or independently, set and handle multiple tasks and priorities, and lead complex technical projects.
• Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical audiences.