|Date Posted:||Monday, October 22nd, 2018|
|Job Location:||Oklahoma City, OK|
|Required Skills:||Civil, Customer Service, Development, Genetic, Manager, Management, Project, Product, Project Management|
Technical Support Manager I - Oklahoma City
Dell, Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology services and business solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Technical Support Manager to join our team in Oklahoma City, OK.
The Technical Support Manager oversees the support of customers encountering problems using the company's products. Supervises representatives that are answering customer inquiries, primarily over the telephone, e-mail, chat, or online. Establishes and maintains systems that provide solutions to customer questions and problems. Reports new or recurring problems to design departments. Ensures representatives are properly trained when old products are upgraded or new products are released. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Analyzes and responds to operational, productivity, and/or customer satisfaction data.
- Directs the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group
- Manages the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce
- Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members
- Resolves and directs technical and customer satisfaction issues to ensure a quality support environment and to obtain maximum customer based satisfaction
- Responsible for achieving target customer satisfaction levels within the technical support organization
- Develops plans and objectives and participates in cross-functional projects and business initiatives to improve operational performance for the organization
- Assists in the development and implementation of strategic plans, initiatives, and direction
- Works with customers and internal teams to resolve issues
- Resolves customer escalations as appropriate
- 8-10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 2+ years leadership experience
- Experienced leadership and team building skills
- Experienced project management skills
- Moderate knowledge of product lines, technical knowledge
- Strong customer service skills
- Experienced in developing and leading a team
- Undergraduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell's team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Department: Product Services - Technical Support Manager