|Date Posted:||Wednesday, October 31st, 2018|
|Job Location:||Fairfax, VA|
Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for our customers? Do you want to be part of a transformation that leverages the AWS cloud to build big data capabilities? Do you want to be part of an inclusive, collaborative, and agile team? If so, there is a future for you to support a portfolio of highly visible and strategic programs at Northrop Grumman that are migrating existing mission and business applications to an Amazon Cloud Services (AWS) based environment. Northrop Grumman Information Systems Sector is seeking Java Software Developers to support an Amazon Cloud Services for current and future programs that are migrating existing mission and business applications to an Amazon Cloud Services (AWS) based environment. As a member of the Software Development Team you will:
* Apply best software engineering principles and Agile engineering methodologies to research, design, develop, and modify application software.
* Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer and system requirements into total system solutions while understanding technical, schedule, and cost constraints and strategic direction.
* Conduct unit, integration, and system level test on all software and procedures. Collaborate with team members and participate in peer reviews with fellow developers to discuss best methods of software development design and implementation.
* Communicate openly with the engineering, requirements and test team members. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
* Spring MVC and/or SEAM with JSF; Hibernate; JPA; JBPM; Oracle.
* Experience with UNIX and Windows commands.
* Knowledge or experience with any of the following: Amazon Web Services- EC2, S2, Elastic IPs, EBS, Security Groups, and VPC, Subversion and/or Git, ETL highly preferred
* Ability to work within a team environment or individually, as needed; Capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and incorporate these needs into technical solutions; Good communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and customers;* Multiple Openings- All positions require US Citizenship; some positions require current security clearance or eligibility for a security clearance. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-Virginia-Fairfax
Number of Openings: 5
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Business Sector: Information Systems