|Date Posted:||Wednesday, October 31st, 2018|
|Job Location:||Austin, TX|
|Job Duration:||Over 1 year|
|Required Skills:||network systems engineer databases oracle sql server cluster storage python shell network integration infrastucture Linux windows switches san OLTP OLAP workloads oracle dba database administration|
Our Fortune 500 client is looking for an Oracle DBA who has experience working with various Operating Systems.
Additional Job Details: MUST HAVE: 3-5 years Oracle databases. SQL Server databases is a plus.
Contract - 12 months - possible extension
Should be an expert with infrastructure solutions. Responsible for construction, configuration, and investigating features and interoperability of solution components that are based on hardware and software, and third-party software components.
Experience with system integration of enterprise servers, switches and storage sub-systems with various operating systems and databases in a standalone or clustered environment is required. The engineer will work on physical/logical infrastructure components’ compatibility and interoperability. The engineer is expected to work in conjunction with team members, vendors, customers, strategic partners, and others to build HW/SW systems from the ground up. The engineer is expected to communicate these solutions via presentations, whitepapers, and live demonstrations.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in system level integration, testing, and troubleshooting
• Strong technical HW/SW expertise and knowledge in a variety of areas such as: Servers, OSes, Clustering, Databases, Applications, Networking, and Storage (SAN, DAS, NAS switches, backup) on Dell / non-Dell platforms
• Strong, hands-on experience with Windows and Linux operating systems, Linux preferred. Hands-on experience with Virtualized OSes is a plus.
• C, C++, Shell/Bash, and/or Python programming skills. Working knowledge of at least one programming language or scripting language required.
• Experience with benchmarking and performance characterization, analysis and study of various database workloads like OLTP, OLAP, data warehousing, etc.
• Should have analytical skills required to troubleshoot technical issues across the solution stack, including hardware, OS, network, and management software.
• Must be able to deliver presentations to varying levels of audiences