|Date Posted:||Thursday, November 1st, 2018|
|Job Location:||Worcester, MA|
|Required Skills:||Analysis, CCNA, CCNP, Cisco, Civil, Development, Firewall, Foundation, Genetic, iOS, LAN, Library, Manager, Management, Networks, Security, Tivoli, VMware, VPN, WAN, Wireless|
Network Support Engineer - Worcester, MA
Dell Healthcare connects people to the right technology and processes to accelerate innovation. Dell believes information is the foundation on which healthcare will move forward. We are committed to helping the world create an information-driven healthcare system. Dell has 20+ years of experience serving the healthcare community and helping to solve business and technology challenges.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Network Support Engineer to join the team in Worcester, Massachusetts to provide value to our largest and longest serving Healthcare client in our Services' business unit. You will work with a fast-paced global leader in IT and have the ability to learn from the best and brightest in the industry.
We are only considering local applicants at this time.
- Provides technical support and analysis for network systems and components, LAN/WAN communications, and transmission systems
- Install, modify, test, and service all converged network communication equipment
- Monitor wired and wireless networks to ensure its reliability and performance
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve problems affecting network stability and performance
- Create & maintain detailed network documentation
- Manages the development of new internal programs or modifications of current systems.
- Acts as the subject matter expert on multiple networks and related systems
- 10+ years of combined relevant education & network administration experience / Undergraduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience
- CCNA/CCNP routing, switching, wireless certification
- In depth knowledge of Cisco LAN & WLAN including CATOS and IOS
- Familiarity with Security technologies
- Familiarity with SAN/NAS technologies, preferably EMC and NetApp
- Experience with virtualization technologies, preferably VMware
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP Data center certification
- Experience in a Healthcare environment
- Experience in Kace deployment and inventory
- Experience in Tivoli Storage Manager Server and Library
- Experience in VPN
- Experience in firewall setup and configuration
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell's team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Department: Network Support - Infrastructure Design and Management