|Date Posted:||Monday, November 5th, 2018|
|Job Location:||McLean, VA|
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Java Software Development Analyst 4, to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in McLean, VA. Where will you find innovation and technology? Right here at Northrop Grumman Corporation. The Virtual Development Center gives IT Professionals the opportunity to develop skills across different projects and try new technologies. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Postal Virtual Development Center, which is a 7 year, $6M program, responsible for providing IT solutions to different USPS divisions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Experience developing and maintaining a variety of JEE frameworks.
* Applies extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
* Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
* Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
* Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on projects. Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
* Responsible for estimating effort based on requirements and adhering to estimates and timelines.
* Responsible for following project management and lifecycle development processes, procedures, and standards to meet extremely high quality assurance goals.
* Responsible for generating unit tests, test data and test scripts.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
* 9+ years of experience working in web or software application development
* 6 years working with Java/JEE, JSP, Struts, Springs and object oriented concepts
* Demonstrated expertise in SOA concepts, including SOAP and REST service/client development
* Expertise with the Eclipse IDE and/or IBM Rational Application Developer, and related Java build tools and techniques
* Familiarity with Oracle and PL/SQL
* Good team working skills and meticulous attention to detail
* Must be able to obtain a USPS Sensitive clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Prior USPS experience.
* Demonstrated experience across all phases of lifecycle development
* Demonstrated success in key role on large Java development effort
* Ability to work directly with the customer via email, meetings and phone calls
* Familiarity with Agile software methodologies
* Experience across multiple IDEs and java containers
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-Virginia-McLean
Number of Openings: 1
US Citizenship Required for this Position: No
Business Sector: Information Systems
Clearance: Position of Public Trust