|Date Posted:||Tuesday, November 6th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Austin, TX|
|Required Skills:||systems engineer databases oracle olap sql server cluster storage dell python shell network integration infrastucture Linux windows switches san configuration installation components interoperability|
Our Fortune 500 client is looking for a Systems Engineer that has experience with Oracle Databases.
Also requires experience with system integration of enterprise servers, switches and storage sub-systems with various operating systems and databases in a standalone or clustered environment. SQL Server databases is a plus.
Should be an expert with infrastructure solutions. Responsible for construction, configuration, and investigating features and interoperability of solution components that are based on hardware and software, and third-party software components.
Experience with system integration of enterprise servers, switches and storage sub-systems with various operating systems and databases in a standalone or clustered environment is required. Will work on physical/logical infrastructure components’ compatibility and interoperability. Expected to work in conjunction with team members, vendors, customers, strategic partners, and others to build HW/SW systems from
the ground up. Expected to communicate these solutions via presentations, whitepapers, and live demonstrations.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in system level integration, testing, and troubleshooting
• Strong technical HW/SW expertise and knowledge in a variety of areas such as: Servers, OSes, Clustering, Databases, Applications, Networking, and Storage (SAN, DAS, NAS switches, backup)
• Strong, hands-on experience with Windows and Linux operating systems, Linux preferred. Hands-on experience with Virtualized OSes is a plus.
• C, C++, Shell/Bash, and/or Python programming skills. Working knowledge of at least one programming language or scripting language required.
• Experience with benchmarking and performance characterization, analysis and study of various database workloads like OLTP, OLAP, data warehousing, etc.
• Should have analytical skills required to troubleshoot technical issues across the solution stack, including hardware, OS, network, and management software.
• Must be able to deliver presentations to varying levels of audiences