|Date Posted:||Thursday, November 8th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Rochester, NY|
|Job Duration:||10 - 12 months|
|Required Skills:||telecommunications support avaya VOIP install configure maintain gateways applications controllers call center switches routers tcp/ip QoS mitel cisco ACME call routing TDM SIP RTP H.248|
Our direct client a large Communications Company is looking for a VOIP Engineer - Position - ROCHESTER, NY
Contract 8 - 12 months - possible extension or FT hire (Temp to Perm)
Candidates MUST HAVE Avaya Certification.
Candidate can choose to work at any Call Center location (New Haven CT; Fort Wayne, IN; Rochester NY; Provo UT; Allen TX; Deland FL)
JOB DESCRIPTION: VoIP Engineering evaluates the existing network architecture, evaluates new technologies (in an effort with other organizations) revolving around VoIP solutions respective to Corp Telecom and Call Centers, institutes standard configurations/processes, and acts as tier 2 & 3 support to the NOC and Call Centers organization for VoIP related issues. Tier 2 support for Corporate Call Center Avaya and VoIP related issues. Product testing, design and evaluation. Work with Planning organizations.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Install, configure and maintain new equipment and software for Corporate Telecom: Avaya gateways and Applications, Session Border Controllers and other elements in support of the Call Centers and Corporate Telecom. Call Center and Corporate Telecom Capacity planning Keep network drawings and documentation up to date. Provide training to other departments. On-Call is required
1. Strong knowledge of Networking, Switches, Routers, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP and QoS
2. Strong knowledge of TDM and call routing
3. Strong Knowledge of VoIP (SIP, RTP, H.248, and other related protocols)
4. Extensive hands-on experience with Avaya, Mitel, Cisco, ACME, and VoIP related equipment.
5. Extensive network troubleshooting experience.
6. Ability to manage projects
7. Strong organization and network planning.
8. Ability to work extra hours and work on an on-call rotation.
9. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
10. Working knowledge of maintenance, monitoring protocols and software.
11. Travel required as necessary.
13. Professional or Vendor certifications are a plus