|Date Posted:||Wednesday, November 14th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Portland, OR|
|Pay Rate:||$125,000 - $165,000|
|Required Skills:||Data Scientist|
Data Scientist (s) design, develop, and implement data-driven solutions using machine learning technologies and advanced statistical analyses. You should be passionate about finding insights in data, comfortable with large and fragmented data sets, and command a variety of analytic tools at your disposal as a Data Scientist.
Our client with a need for a Data Scientist is working to create a seamless and frictionless experience for consumers nationwide. This presents a unique challenge and opportunity for innovative and disruptive solutions from the Data Office.
The ideal Data Scientist candidate is an independent, solution-oriented thinker with a strong background processing large data sets, applying analytical rigor and statistical methods, and driving toward actionable insights and novel solutions.
-The selected Data Scientist candidate with solid Data Science experience will design and develop end-to-end machine learning pipelines (data exploration, training data generation, feature engineering, model building, and performance evaluation) for a wide variety of projects.
-Work in a multi-disciplined team where you’ll take full ownership of turning discoveries and ideas into machine learning models.
-Design, implement, and analyze online experiments, including A/A and A/B testing, in a variety of configuration environments.
Qualified Data Scientist candidates will have many of the following requirements:
-Experience as a Data Scientist
-End to end machine learning experience.
-PhD’s preferred or MA/MS-Masters with lots of experience. Minimal: a BA/BS degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, or its equivalent in a related technical field and 3 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's or PhD degree preferred. Prefer a specialization in entity resolution/disambiguation, information retrieval, machine learning, or natural language processing.
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable working with large data sets and ability to transform data into actionable insights.
- Exceptional technical skills:
- Strong programming skills in at least one language such as Python, Java, Scala, C++, Julia
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with unstructured & semi-structured data sources and requisite processing tools
- Ability to work in an agile environment
Preferred Capabilities & Responsibilities:
- Passion for helping healthy people stay well and for improving the comfort and health level of sick people as efficiently and compassionately as possible
- Familiarity with retail, e-commerce, or financial analytics, including approaches such as life event modeling, customer lifetime value
- Experience in Big Data Hadoop, Spark, Storm or related paradigms and associated languages such as Pig, Hive, Mahout
- Experience in AWS, Azure, or other cloud ecosystems
- Familiarity with Big Data NoSQL databases: DynomoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB, or Neo4j
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch, Soir, or Lucene
- Published work in academic conferences or industry circles
- Demonstrated ability to guide and contribute to research of new analytic approaches, inference algorithms, and machine learning techniques
A team player attitude with excellent English verbal and written English communication skills not requiring repeating during rapid English conversation
This career opportunity is based in Portland, Oregon and offers a generous competitive starting base salary in the $120,000 to $165,000 per year range based on experience plus a possible signing bonus and great benefits. Your asking compensation will be submitted after your approval. They offer a very generous relocation package.
About WSI Nationwide:
WSI Nationwide is a specialty recruiting organization with over twenty years experience and fees paid by our selected client companies, freeing our hands to find top level candidates for better projects all over the USA.