|Date Posted:||Monday, November 19th, 2018|
|Job Location:||San Jose, CA|
|Required Skills:||Sr. FPGA Electrical Design Engineers|
A growing and established Defense and Aerospace company in the sunny state of Arizona is looking for a few Sr. FPGA Electrical Engineers. We are working with the Manager on these positions. We are looking for candidates nationwide willing to relocate to Arizona. Once again the position is in the state of Arizona. The company offers excellent compensations packages and retirement program including a full relocations package.
The Electrical Engineer will develop FPGA designs for all major vendors and device families including: Xilinx, Altera, Lattice, and Microsemi. Designs are implemented using VHDL for the following applications: gigabit serial interfaces, Radio Frequency (RF) and Electro-Optical (EO) DSP, controls, data links, embedded processing and processor interfaces. Designers work with circuit card designers and systems engineers to develop requirements, architect new parts, partition and perform code development, simulation, place and route. Designs are verified against requirements using both directed test and constrained random methodologies. Design support is expected from requirements definition through integration and test. Design documentation and configuration management are required.
Required Skills, Experience and Education:
* 4 Years with a B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics; Or 2 years with MS/MA in Engineering, Science or Mathematics
* A minimum 3-6 years of experience with digital design and VHDL coding
* 2-4 years of experience with embedded processor and System on a Chip development for FPGA devices
* Expertise of Altera and Xilinx devices and flow tools
* Expertise in FPGA timing constraint application and closure, as well as hands on integration and debug experience with FPGA-based systems
* Digital Signal Design processing for FPGA devices, both programming and testing
* Applied experience applying fixed-point analysis and conversion of floating point algorithms
* MATLAB scripting and simulation
Desired Qualifications but not required:
* MS or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
* Knowledge of C programming and scripting languages such as Perl or Python highly desired
* Knowledge of embedded systems design using Microblaze, Nios or ARM processors a strong plus
* Virtex or Spartan experience
* Clock domain experience
* FPGA design experience using a Linux based development environment is highly desired
* Highly motivated, high performers with a strong desire to learn and contribute in a fast-paced team environment
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to perform work without appreciable direction
* Past experience in a leadership role such as team lead, technical lead, project lead, etc.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.