|Date Posted:||Tuesday, November 27th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Portland, OR|
|Required Skills:||Analysis, Architecture, CASE, Development, Linux, Management, Networks, Programming, QA, Windows|
Dell RNA Networks - Software Development Senior Engineer- Portland, OR
Join Dell and you'll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you'll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
Dell is looking for a Software Engineer experienced with server, storage, and virtualization technologies interested in building compelling business based storage caching solutions.
* Working with Product Management to help define functional specifications and develop design specifications
* Development and maintenance of core modules of our storage cache product.
* Assist in analysis and debugging of complex failure scenarios
* Working with QA to assist in development of test plans for new functionality.
* 5+ years C development experience, comfortable in the Linux environment
* 5+ years experience developing systems level programming
* Experience developing system level software for Windows and Linux platforms
* Strong proficiency developing in C
* Proficiency in critical design analysis for performance and failure case handling
* Hands on experience with virtualization technologies and how these relate to SAN and NAS storage.
* Strong background in computer architecture with an emphasis in x86 architecture
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Prefer experience in enterprise IT environments where server and/or client virtualization solutions were successfully defined and deployed
* BSCS, engineering or equivalent
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell's team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations.
The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Department: Engineering - Software Development Engineer