|Date Posted:||Thursday, November 29th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Austin, TX|
|Job Duration:||7 - 9 months|
|Required Skills:||SYSTEMS ENGINEER, AWS, VMWARE, NETWORKING, TCP/IP|
Title: Cloud Systems Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Austin, TX
Payrate for this role will be $50/hr on W-2 (No 1099 or C2C)
Our client is seeking a technically savvy, results-oriented, and quality-focused individual with strong, hands-on infrastructure administration skills to design, administer, tune, secure and maintain a global online gaming hosting infrastructure.
- This individual will play an active role in all aspects of deployment for front-end online game server environments and will be part of a 24x7 global operations group.
- The Cloud Engineer works as a key member of the IT infrastructure team responsible for the continued development of the cloud/virtualization capabilities and the delivery and implementation of these capabilities to the game development partners.
- Delivery core administration and delivery tasks around all aspects of the public cloud /private cloud infrastructure
- Liaise with other teams within Online IT to provide for continual improvement of the cloud/virtualization capabilities
- Provide advanced (level 3) infrastructure as a service (IaaS) troubleshooting support before, during, and after project rollout of public/private cloud environments
- Rotational 24/7 on-call support as needed
- Collaborate with architecture on hosting solutions and options
- Coordinate with security and network engineering to provide a robust and secure hosting offering
- Quickly and thoroughly evaluate emerging virtualization technologies to provide objective reviews of capability, functionality, and compatibility with existing infrastructure
- BS Degree in MIS/Computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with AWS public cloud deployments, understanding of existing AWS technology offerings and experience with integrated public cloud services is required.
- High level to expert level experience with virtualization technologies such as Xen, KVM and/or VMWare
- Experience with IAAS private cloud systems such as Eucalyptus, Cloudstack, Openstack is highly desirable.
- Experience with IAAS private storage technologies such as Swift or Ceph is a plus.
- Experience with Rackspace Cloud Servers or Cloud Files is a plus
- Experience w/ NAS (NFS/CIFS/iSCSI)
- Strong TCP/IP and networking knowledge is a must with comprehensive knowledge of: WAN, LAN, routing, switching, NAT, VPN, DHCP, DNS
- Experience with Load Balancers (e.g. Cisco and Netscaler)
- Working knowledge of CDN (e.g. Akamai, LimeLight, CloudFront)
- Strong infrastructure automation skills automating tasks in any programming language; the more the better
- Must be open to changing situations and opportunities and be willing to perform all tasks assigned without supervision.
- Experience with Orchestration and Configuration Management tools such as Rightscale, Chef, Puppet.
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Self starter, with strong aptitude towards rigorous testing and validation of work.
- Experience with scripted deployments and creating custom scripts
- Prior experience with online games or other custom applications is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban is a plus.