|Date Posted:||Monday, December 3rd, 2018|
|Job Location:||Middletown, RI|
|Required Skills:||Software Engineer, JAVA, C++, CORBA, UNIX, LINUX|
Join Northrop Grumman Information Systems and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. We are in search of a Software Engineer 2 to design and develop training systems in support of the Naval Submarine and Surface Ship fleet. This position will be located in Middleton, RI. Qualified applicants should have engineering experience related to the design, development integration of software systems. Qualified applicants will perform the following tasks:
* Design and develop JAVA and C++ Applications
* Perform Systems Engineering in the Linux environment and to a lesser extent, Windows Operating Systems.
* Provide network interface solutions using TCP/IP Sockets and CORBA.
* Be responsible for requirements, design, development, documentation, testing and debugging simulation applications. Specific experience elements sought are further described below.
* 2+ years' experience in software engineering.
* BS degree in CS/CE or other related engineering sciences discipline
* Experience in software architecture and design
* Experience with COTs hardware, Linux Operating System and device configuration.
* Experience with interfaces, network, serial, etc.
* Understanding of operating systems scheduling; applicant should have experience developing performance-based software minimizing CPU utilization and wait states.
* US citizenship; Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
* Knowledge of Virtualization solutions.
* Knowledge of Navy Command and control, sensor and weapon systems
* Virtualization Technologies- Type 1 Hypervisor
* Experience with ClearCase
* Math Background and simulation modelling
* Device Drivers in Linux- ability to modify kernel ERAPC2
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-Rhode Island-Middletown
Number of Openings: 1
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Business Sector: Information Systems