|Date Posted:||Monday, December 17th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Chicago, IL|
|Required Skills:||IT Specialist|
Mastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are currently seeking an IT Specialist for our client in the IT-Services domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Permanent position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Locations: Chicago, IL 60654
Compensation: Best Market Rate
Role: IT Specialist
Role Description: The IT Specialist would need to have at least 3 to 5 years of experience. This Candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day technology support. Majority of the requests will be related to hardware issues, but there could be some software issues as well.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a high level of customer service while supporting end users. Support includes, but is not limited to, laptops, desktops, PDAs, video conference system, phone and voice mail systems.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems.
- Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Successfully troubleshoot issues both independently and in collaboration with all available resources.
- Oversee and troubleshoot video conference and telecommunications systems in coordination with regional technical resources.
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
- Documents, maintain, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
- Maintain configurations of all notebook and desktop computer systems according to established standards.
- Document and update technology related instructions and procedures as required.
- Maintain problem call history by recording calls in CA (or current tracking DB) help desk tracking database.
- Analyze call data to proactively identify improvement opportunities.
- Evaluate new technologies for potential applicability within Client.
- Creates interpersonal relationships and effectively communicate with end users as well as with local, regional, and global support teams.
- Participate in local, regional, and global projects as appropriate to evaluate existing systems and recommend technology for upgrade and replacement.
- Achieve annual goals and objectives, developed in cooperation with IT Service organization and local management.
- BS/BA degree in a related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience providing desktop (PCs, Notebooks, PDAs, Wireless, Telecommunications, etc.) related service to at least 300 end users.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- A+ Certification or equivalent work experience.
- MCDST (Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) or equivalent work experience.
- 2 to 4 years of experience working on technology projects.
- Strong technical skills - including but not limited to client supported technology.
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritize work effectively.
- Communicates (both orally and written) effectively with the management groups, end users, and other technical staff.
- Able to adjust approach to effectively interact with customers at all organizational and technical levels.
- Focus on excellent customer service and needs of the user community.
- Reliable and cooperative team player; displays consideration and respect for others.
- Displays tact, patience, and the ability to handle stressful situations while demonstrating a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates competence and character that inspires trust.
- Independently and proactively communicates issues, priorities, and objectives.
- Organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Able to anticipate, identify, and solve critical problems.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Experience in communicating and presenting technical concepts to management, peer group, and staff.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding environment.
Education: Bachelors degree
Experience: Minimum 3-5 years
Relocation: No, this position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor
Years of Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Expected Travel Time: None
About Mastech, Inc.:
Since 1986, we've been helping companies find the IT talent they need to grow, matching IT professionals with exciting new opportunities to advance professionally. Whether you need to staff a project or need to find a job, make Mastech your talent partner.
With 30 years of experience under our belts, we know a thing or two about IT staffing. Mastech evolved from a start-up IT staffing firm into a leading provider of high-quality IT talent with expertise in complex technologies, a high degree of professionalism, and an ability to deliver results. Thanks to our team’s dedication—and under the guidance of CEO Kevin Horner, formerly CIO of metal mega-giant Alcoa - Mastech was the fastest-growing public staffing firm in the US in 2012. Today, Mastech has more than 200 employees and 850 consultants nationwide. We’ve also been listed four times as an Inc. Magazine fastest-growing company in the U.S.; named among the Top 100 Hot Growth companies by BusinessWeek; and recognized in the Technology Fast 50 by Deloitte. We don’t play favorites; we partner with clients in every industry, including financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, telecommunications, transportation, as well as in the public sector.