|Date Posted:||Monday, December 17th, 2018|
|Job Location:||Bellevue, WA|
|Required Skills:||Enterprise Solutions Architect/Developer|
Enterprise Solutions Architect/Developer
We are the leading provider of cloud-based Technology Business Management (TBM) software that helps CIOs manage the business of IT. Our suite of applications use business analytics to provide facts and insights about technology cost, value, and quality, so IT leaders can make faster, data-driven decisions.
Hundreds of customers, including 40 percent of the Fortune 100, choose us as their business system of record to align IT spending with business priorities. We are also backed by some of the world's most prominent financial institutions including T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Madrona Ventures, Shasta Ventures.
Are you an innovative results-oriented software designer with experience architecting, implementing, and integrating distributed commercial enterprise SaaS applications? Do you have a passion for engineering high-quality finance software solutions? How would you like to help bootstrap a new Application Lifecycle team at an IT-centric company in the midst of explosive pre-IPO growth? The Enterprise Application Architect – Finance will own the technical architecture for our internal financial technology portfolio, working with the business and technical teams to define and implement system requirements, aiming for consistency, reusability, and seamless integration.
In this role, you will:
• Lead and participate in initiatives to drive the continuous improvement of our portfolio of internal technical solutions and processes to ensure alignment between business strategies and technology roadmaps. Provide guidance to the business and technology teams around our application lifecycle strategy, as well as expert knowledge on enterprise application architecture. Lead and participate in team/project meetings and project planning.
• Drive the collaborative development of the finance technology strategy, standards, roadmaps, and best practices. Internalize and help refine the Application Lifecycle team’s posture and practices. Create and maintain related documentation.
• Lead technical design sessions and provide guidance and coaching to local and remote stakeholders. Provide strategic, technical, and architectural leadership for production troubleshooting, including “war room” activities, with a focus on quality of service.
• Design and review enterprise application architectures, ensuring standards are followed and designs align with business objectives. Ensure project deliverables are consistent with standards, methodologies, and best practices. Communicate implications of architectural decisions, issues, and plans to the business and to technical leadership.
• Define technical evaluation criteria for product and technology selection, actively engage in procurement, and review technical approaches to help ensure coherent, extensible, and supportable system designs. Engage in applied research and development, prototyping, and vendor evaluations. Create and execute benchmark tests to validate scalability and performance of implemented solutions. Review and approve software purchases.
• Stay abreast of changes with technology applicable to finance solutions. Seek and capitalize on the opportunities to improve productivity, time to implement, quality, and cost effectiveness.
• Help instill a service-oriented culture of execution, operational excellence, accountability, transparency, and innovation. Execute efficiently and with high degree of quality to help meet departmental IT objectives in a cost-effective and customer-focused manner. Exhibit a high degree of professional flexibility.
• Ten or more years of software development and/or testing experience and three or more years of leadership/management experience.
• A four-year college degree in a technical field (or equivalent additional work experience).
• Expertise with multiple appropriate Internet technologies (e.g.: HTTP, HTML, XML, SOAP, etc.).
• Experience with architecting, implementing, and integrating distributed commercial enterprise SaaS applications.
• Experience engineering finance software solutions.
• Project leadership skills, including a strong understanding of project management and related tools (PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Visio, etc.).
• Excellent risk mitigation and process improvement skills.
• Experience leading and participating in multiple simultaneous engineering efforts.
• Sensitivity and political awareness when communicating with project and business stakeholders.
• Experience with the hiring process.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, including the ability to perform meticulous root cause analyses of technical issues.
• Strong knowledge of engineering methodologies, particularly with regards to systems integration.
• Exceptional communication skills – both written and oral (one-on-one and group) – and a track record as a mentor.
• A track record of maintaining and improving skills in existing and emerging technologies through training or self-research.
• Ability to review requirements, design documents, and software configurations.
• Ability to write detailed test cases and testing-related procedures.
• Ability to research and recommend tools and equipment, based not only on technical criteria, but also factors such as licensing fees, extensibility, supportability, etc.
• Ability to assess whether a project can be achieved within a proposed budget and schedule.
• Ability to manage time effectively in a fast-paced, customer-focused, changing environment.
• Predisposed with a positive, quality-oriented, reliable, and flexible attitude.
• Willingness and ability to be on call to fulfill after-hours commitments in support of production requirements.
• Master’s degree in a business-related or technical field.
• Experience with the finance enterprise applications in use (or likely to soon be in use): NetSuite/OneWorld, OpenAir, Concur, Coupa, Dell Boomi, Avalara, BlackLine, Salesforce, or our own TBM solutions.
• Agile development experience, particularly Scrum or Kanban.
• Experience working with teams in distributed geographical locations.
• Expertise with software security testing and performance testing.
• Certifications in relevant technologies.
• Strong presentation skills.
• IT budgeting experience.