|Date Posted:||Friday, December 21st, 2018|
|Job Location:||San Antonio, TX|
|Pay Rate:||$70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year|
|Required Skills:||Unix/ Linux Administrator|
Modis is looking for an experienced Unix/ Linux administrator to join one of our clients enterprise infrastructure team! If you are interested in this role please apply!
• Ability to trouble-shoot UNIX system related problems.
• Ability to develop, debug and maintain shell scripts.
• Ability to audit logs to ensure conformance to security standards.
• Ability to generates metrics to trend system performance.
• Ability to produce documentation related to any and all activities.
• Ability to understand and maintain system Logical Volume Manager (LVM) volume groups, logical volumes, and file systems.
• Ability to understand and maintain user accounts, group memberships, and printer configurations.
• Ability to perform data / operating system backups and recovery.
• Ability to initialize operating systems based on standards.
• Ability to Provision SAN-based disk storage, using storage vendor tools/procedures.
• Ability to understand and maintain RAID configurations, using storage vendor tools/procedures.
• Ability to schedule and perform software patches, upgrades and maintenance.
• Ability to schedule and perform hardware maintenance and firmware upgrades.
• Ability to tune systems and I/O for optimal performance.
• Ability to implement appropriate system and data redundancy measures.
• Ability to update and maintain assigned formal change requests.
• Ability to generate metrics to trend disk storage consumption.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Experience with AIX and LINUX (RedHat, Oracle Enterprise LINUX)