|Date Posted:||Friday, December 21st, 2018|
|Job Location:||Bothell, WA|
|Required Skills:||Software Development Manager Speech Technology|
Software Development Manager – Speech Technology
The Manager of Development is responsible for providing development, maintenance, support, and enhancement services for applications/systems that support critical business functions and may either be custom developed or a packaged solution requiring a combination of development and configuration.
• Responsible for the development and delivery of multiple technology platforms.
• Accountable for ensuring project delivery excellence across the platforms.
• Work with business and IT leadership throughout the strategic planning process.
• Participate in the process to prioritize and scope future projects and initiatives.
• Work with business and IT leadership to prioritize support and tactical issues to address immediate business needs while maintaining strategic direction.
• Plan staffing needs and allocations to support projects, initiatives, and support.
• Ensure service levels are understood and supports them being met.
• Communicate effectively with IT management, business partners and peers.
• Display a strong ambition in gaining skills and knowledge that benefit us and our employees.
• Strong awareness of industry trends and best practices.
• Act as a change agent, initiating appropriate changes to support business growth, reduce operational costs, and/or improve service levels.
• Understanding and hands-on experience (or working knowledge) with broader speech technology platforms in addition to speech IVR application expertise
• Hands-on experience leading proof of concepts, pilots and A/B production speech technology to enterprise platforms/applications.
• Proven experience building, leading, mentoring and managing
• Proven ability to apply expert level experience to perform checks of team deliverables and solution design for quality, consistency, potential impacts to other processes and systems, and proper use of development principles
• Advanced understanding of best practice principles and has applied practice.
• Good understanding of software development life-cycle methodology
• Excellent written and communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management in groups and one-on-one.
• Proven experience with identifying and resolving development impacting issues, working with members of project management team and business SME's/executives to drive to solutions within defined processes.
• Able to build and leverage strong relationships
• Proven ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous, self-directed environment required
• Proven ability to lead dispersed and remote teams, including off-shore resources.
• Experience in working with interfacing and integration technologies
• Minimum 8 years’ experience developing large scale business systems applications.
• Management/leadership of developer resources 3-6 years, including leadership, planning, and coordination of development work for a minimum of 4 large projects.
• Minimum overall IT experience, 10 years.