|Date Posted:||Friday, December 21st, 2018|
|Job Location:||Seattle, WA|
|Required Skills:||Network Engineer|
Seeking a strong Network Engineer for a data center in downtown Seattle! The person in this role will be capable of making critical decisions and have the ability to work autonomously. Please apply today for details!
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, understand IP numbering and CIDR notation etc.)
· Assists with Design, setup and configuration complex switching environments
· Assists with Design, setup and configuration complex wireless networks
· Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking including L2 & L3 protocols
· Assists with the design of network environments including IP address schemes, DNS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
· Assists with Configuring and installing network monitoring software for
· Assists with upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
· Assists with Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities
· Assists with Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
· Assists with Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
· Assists with Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
· Other duties as assigned
Skills & Personal Characteristics:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work cross- functionally with other internal teams, customers, and partners.
· Strong organizational, project management and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
· Strong decision making, problem solving and creative thinking skills a must.
· Highly proficient in Linux/Unix, Visio, MS Project, or iTask Omnigraffe.