|Date Posted:||Tuesday, January 8th, 2019|
|Job Location:||San Antonio, TX|
|Required Skills:||VMware Administrator|
Modis is looking for a Virtualization expert to fill a permanent role here in the local San Antonio area. If you are looking for your next career move please apply!
General Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Configuration, implementation, and management of servers in a highly available and virtualized environment running:
o Windows Server
o San Volume Controller
• Configuration, implementation, and management of Tiered SAN and NAS Storage environments.
• Apply strong knowledge of backup and recovery processes and disaster recovery procedures to maintain data protection and availability.
• Configuration, implementation, and management of Windows and/or UNIX server virtualization.
• Configuration, implementation, and management of Storage virtualization environment. IBM SVC or similar.
• Implementation and management of platform security in accordance with CPS Energy IT Security Standards and any compliance requirements.
• Ensure day-to-day support and a high level of 24x7x365 service availability.
• Respond to real-time performance alerts to resolve performance problems, regular on-going review and analysis of performance data to identify current performance problems and proactively detect potential future performance problems.
• Provide 2nd or 3rd level proactive and reactive service and performance management for mission critical systems. Identifies requirements for real-time alerts to notify support groups of a current or potential performance problem.