|Date Posted:||Wednesday, January 9th, 2019|
|Job Location:||Houston, TX|
|Pay Rate:||$85,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year|
|Required Skills:||Linux/Windows System Administrator|
Linux/ Windows System Engineer
• Specification, Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of multitier applications (i.e.
• Installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Basic Installation and configuration of Oracle Databases and other third party Software.
• Preparation of test scenarios to exercise system sizing and performance.
• Preparation and execution of system integration confidence testing
• Works directly with the Customers to demonstrate basic system functionality.
• Works directly with the Customers to triage problems related to system configuration, system bugs or customer data.
• Prepares and Performs customer training and/or workshops.
• Prepares detailed installation instructions documents.
• Interfaces with Global Customer Support and Professional Services Organization to effectively build, test and commission Network Manager Systems to existing customers.
• Strives for continuous improvement of methods, processes, productivity and quality, while reducing costs.
• Travels 25% of the time as needed to fulfill responsibilities.
• Ability to understand and write in different scripting languages i.e. (powershell, vbs, Linux shell, perl etc.).
• A good understanding of RedHat Linux operating system
• A good understanding of Windows Operating systems (XP, Windows 7, Server 2003, Server 2008) including Active
• Directory, DNS, and Group Policy.
• A good understanding of Oracle RDBMS systems.A basic understanding of TCP/IP networking.
• Ability to prepare and conduct technical training to customer personnel, in a clear and communicative manner.
• Ability to work within established procedures, methodology and guidelines on a continuous basis.
• Ability to improve established procedures, methodologies and guidelines.
• Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet schedules.
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. Ability to support multiple concurrent projects.
• Proficient in Microsoft products including Word, Excel, Project, etc.
• Knowledge of Application Lifecycle management processes and tools, (Change management, Software Configuration
• Management, Software Testing, Issue Management, etc)
• Proficient in scripting languages such as PERL and/or bash, ksh, csh.
• A basic understanding of real time SCADA/EMS/GMS and/or DMS/OMSsystems within the electric utility industry.
• A good understanding of setting up and maintaining Virtual and Cloud based environments (VMWare).