|Date Posted:||Monday, July 1st, 2019|
|Job Location:||Orlando, FL|
|Pay Rate:||$42/hr on W-2 (No 1099 / C2C)|
|Job Duration:||4 - 6 months|
|Required Skills:||SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR, SERVER ADMINISTRATOR, RHEL, RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX, LINUX|
Title: Systems Administrator - (RedHat Linux)
Duration: 3 Months (with the possibility of extension)
Location: Orlando, FL
Pay rate will be $42/hr on W-2 (No 1099 / C2C)
Server Administrator's role is to design, install, administer, troubleshoot, and optimize servers and related components to chieve high performance of various game development applications and storage supported by deploying and tuning the servers as necessary.
This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring all new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment.
Where applicable, the Server Administrator will assist in overseeing the physical security, integrity, and safety of the data center/server farm.
5+ years of experience as a System Engineer or Systems Administrator
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of server and storage hardware, operating systems (UNIX and MSFT), applications, development consoles, server administration, storage and networking.
- Experience supporting and a strong understanding of software development practices and culture.
- Build and maintain pro active relationships with studio senior technical leads, executives, and IT team members.
- Strong Server OS background: RHEL/CENTOS 4,5,6 or strong experience in comparable Linux distribution with interest in learning RHEL; must have experience integrating with Windows 2003/2008 systems;
- Strong Windows Server experience a plus
- Experience with Dell or Client servers;
- Experience supporting systems remotely
- Experience with LAMP systems; MySQL or MS SQL or other server based DBs;
Apache Web Server, IIS, Tomcat or JBOSS or Jetty,Java Applications
- Knowledge of enterprise and user administrative and management tools including Active Directory and MS DNS, and OpenLDAP/Krbor NIS
- Knowledge of enterprise and user administrative and management of Perforce a plus;
- Experience maintaining SVN/CVS/GIT also a plus
- Knowledge of enterprise and user administrative and management of NetApp a plus;
- Creating volumes, CIFS Shares, NFS Shares, LUNs
- Advanced networking capabilities and troubleshooting experience with network hardware, Vlans, sub netting and routing.
- Working experience with Cisco switches, routers and access points preferred.
- Basic understanding of server virtualization technologies, knowledge and experience with VMWare ESX or Redhat Xen or KVM required; must have experience deploying/troubleshooting a multiple VM environment.
- Strong day-to-day understanding of core network protocols/concepts: TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, VPN's, ACL's, Firewalls, WLAN and LAN
- Strong understanding of development pipelines including build process submittal/request, data paths, build output repositories,and build delivery mechanisms;
- Experience supporting Buildforge a plus.
- Experience integrating Linux and Windows systems with storage backend systems required; CIFS and NFS, Fiber and/or iSCSI
- Recent experience in 100+ server production environments
Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience as easy as possible. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.