|Date Posted:||Friday, August 30th, 2019|
|Job Location:||Atlanta, GA|
|Required Skills:||Full Stack Developer|
Mastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are currently seeking a Full Stack Developer for our client in the Retailer domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract-to-Hire position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6 Months Contract-to-Hire
Location: Atlanta, GA 30339
Compensation: Best Market Rate
Role: Full Stack Developer
Role Description: The Full Stack Developer would need to have at least 3 years of experience.
- Agile Methodology
- UI Design Framework
- Restful WebServices
The Developer builds an application (using server-side code like PHP, Ruby, Python, .Net etc.) which connects with a database (using MySQL, SQL, Access etc.) to look up, save or change data and return it back to the user in form of front-end code. The Lead Developer will be responsible for leading medium to large projects.
The Candidate must have a strong and detailed understanding of each task on a large and complex project, and the ability to present status and strategy to project and executive leadership. This Candidate must have an excellent understanding of the IT project life cycle, trends in the IT landscape and be able to influence IT leadership on streamlining those processes.
The Lead Developer must be able to guide and direct project teams using Agile methodology from backlog grooming to release planning. Must be able to present ideas to IT review boards and business leadership. Assists multiple team members and other project lead in the day-to-day activities related to project work.
The Lead Developer must have and be able to promote an appropriate sense of urgency in regard to deliverables, and be able to effectively partner with the team and the business to develop and deliver IT solutions. In addition, the lead will be responsible for overseeing and guiding the work produced by more junior developers and contract developers including code reviews.
Key Hands on Functional and Technical Skills:
- Java development with focus on web development (JSP, Servlet, JMS, and JSON).
- Well versed with web frameworks and languages (HTML5, CSS, JQuery, AJAX, Angular, and Cordova).
- Well versed with standard web service development frameworks and methodologies (DAO, RESTFul, and SSL).
- Experience in Agile/XP methodologies is required.
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of best of breed open source and commercial technologies.
- Experience working in cloud environment i.e., AWS, Cloud Foundry etc.
- Mobile development experiences a plus - best practices, building responsive pages, converting browser-based apps to mobile apps.
- Ability and desire to learn new technologies.
- Must be able to use different forms of communication to delivery message to different groups of people.
- Skilled at building positive relationships with team members and matrix teams.
- Ability at leading and facilitating meetings.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
- View software packages, products and define, prioritize, plan and implement solutions across multiple complex projects.
- Ensure the team comprehends and applies the established processes, policies, standards and procedures.
- Provide status reports to Manager and review boards on complex development projects.
- Guide and direct project teams in the requirements gathering, design, and development of complex applications/programs.
- Ensure compliance and conduct appropriate test reviews as necessary.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical.
- Understands the financial implications of the project (i.e., software capitalization, cost/benefits, etc.).
- Strong decision making abilities.
- Ability to lead and mentor others.
Education: High School Diploma and/or GED
Experience: Minimum 3 years
Relocation: No, this position will not recover for relocation
Local Preferred: Yes
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor
Years of Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Expected Travel Time: None
About Mastech, Inc.:
Since 1986, we've been helping companies find the IT talent they need to grow, matching IT professionals with exciting new opportunities to advance professionally. Whether you need to staff a project or need to find a job, make Mastech your talent partner.
With 30 years of experience under our belts, we know a thing or two about IT staffing. Mastech evolved from a start-up IT staffing firm into a leading provider of high-quality IT talent with expertise in complex technologies, a high degree of professionalism, and an ability to deliver results. Thanks to our team’s dedication—and under the guidance of CEO Kevin Horner, formerly CIO of metal mega-giant Alcoa - Mastech was the fastest-growing public staffing firm in the US in 2012. Today, Mastech has more than 200 employees and 850 consultants nationwide. We’ve also been listed four times as an Inc. Magazine fastest-growing company in the U.S.; named among the Top 100 Hot Growth companies by BusinessWeek; and recognized in the Technology Fast 50 by Deloitte. We don’t play favorites; we partner with clients in every industry, including financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, telecommunications, transportation, as well as in the public sector.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about the serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!