|Date Posted:||Wednesday, October 9th, 2019|
|Job Location:||Newport Beach, CA|
|Pay Rate:||$95,000.00 per year|
|Required Skills:||BI Developer|
The BI Developer will perform complex analysis and configuration of the BW/BI data environment to facilitate custom reporting and data analytics solutions specifically for FI/CO. The role will also perform backend design, construction and unit testing of backend components: ODS, Transactional, InfoObjects, InfoCubes, InfoSources/Data Sources, Master Data, Transfer Rules, User Exits, and Update Rules, etc. The BI Developer will participate in requirements gathering, analysis, and selection of new BI tools implemented by the team for business clients. This position will be trained to support any newly implemented BI tools, and provide support for those tools. Potential new tools could include SAP Business Objects Suite, OBIEE, etc.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions (including the following, other duties may be assigned)
• Participate in defining and maintaining BI Strategy.
• Act as first contact for aid in resolution of BW and BEx issues.
• Coordinate communication between BW and user community.
• Provide strong hands-on technical development abilities working with SAP BW/BI technology.
• Work with users to define requirements for SAP BW/BI applications and reports.
• Model BW scenarios and architecture, designing the BW models, systems solutions, and system/user documentation.
• Develop, test, document, build, maintain and/or develop:
o BW extracts, transformations, cube, and build/test associated with FI team deliverables.
o Data extracts, transformations, process chains, ODS Objects, InfoCubes, etc.
o BEx queries, reports, and broadcast settings
o BW processes - Process Chain monitoring and incident resolution
• Coordinate with business managers and develop BW/BI reports.
• Maintain system in accordance with department standards and SAP best practices.
• Perform unit testing and validation of BW development and enhancements.
• Verify data quality and ensure BW is in-sync with source systems.
• Correct, revise, and improve functional programs to make operating refinements, reduce operating time, and improve present techniques and procedures.
• Coordination with end users and other teams.
• Conduct Performance Tuning of BW applications (Data extraction, OLAP processes, and report performance).
• Perform system upgrades, enhancements and patches.
• Minimum of 2 - 3 years of IT experience.
• Minimum of 2 - 3 years of hands-on SAP BW 7.X design and development experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in one or more of the following modules (FI, HR, SD, MM).
• Previous experience with SAP implementation projects; proficient with SAP BW 7.x plus SAP ECC 6.
• Detailed knowledge of SAP BW modules and experience integrating BW with ECC 6.0 modules and non-SAP data.
• Hands-on experience with SAP data dictionary, ABAP workbench, and knowledge of Business Consolidation & newer functionality.
• Ability to create and debug BW ABAP routines and extractors.
• Experience and knowledge implementing solutions using BW and BEx.
• Experience designing queries using BEx query designer and creating formatted reports.
• Experience with BW Pre-calculation server and BEx broadcaster.
• Experience with performance tuning BW with DBA’s and with SAP BW security setup.
• Experience in evaluating and implementing new software and upgrades.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team to accomplish critical, time sensitive business objectives.
• Possess solid communication skills and have the ability to interact professionally with all levels of employees, vendors and end-users in written and verbal communications.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to flourish in a challenging, fast-paced professional environment is essential.
• Ability to foster and maintain positive working relationships with IT and business colleagues to meet expected customer service levels
Education and Additional Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or combination of education and experience.
• Experience with SAP Business Objects Suite 4.x and the interaction between BW and BOBJ preferred.
• Experience with other BI tools a plus (ex: OBIEE, Microsoft BI, JasperSoft, MicroStrategy, Cognos, etc.)
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about the serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!