|Date Posted:||Friday, October 25th, 2019|
|Job Location:||Washington, DC|
|Required Skills:||Analysis, Analyst, Call Center, Customer Service, Development, Help Desk, HTTP, Metrics, PeopleSoft, Research, Security|
Where will you find innovation and technology? Right here at Northrop Grumman Corporation. Northrop Grumman Information Systems Sector is seeking a PeopleSoft Help Desk Analyst 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals, supporting the Treasury's HR Connect program. This position will be located in Washington DC. As a member of the HR Connect Help Desk, the candidate will be responsible for working independently and supporting Treasury's 14 customers, including the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and Department of Labor (DOL). The candidate will be responsible for proactively monitoring the production system each day, which will include generating nearly two dozen daily reports, identifying and reporting data integrity issues, working with the customers to resolve the data issues, updating the Department Security Tree, creating ad hoc queries to help the customers with reporting needs and internal audits. The candidate will also be responsible for conducting independent research and extensive requirements analysis of the complex application and will provide technical and functional assistance to Treasury's HR Connect customers and research and development team, which includes but is not limited to, evaluating reported issues, replicating issues, creating trace files, documenting system problems, and working with the development team to resolve problems. In addition, the candidate may be responsible for evaluating customer requests for enhancements and providing product expertise and guidance to ensure the modification aligns with the overall system design and functionality. US Citizenship and a Government background investigation are required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Resolve technical problems and answers queries that originate by telephone, voice mail or e-mail.
* Record, maintain and update customer and issue records in the issue tracking tool.
* Perform analysis of problems and assist program users.
* Work with technical, customer service or development staff to escalate and resolve recurring problems and issues with applications
* Document and submit appropriate resolutions to the knowledge repository to support create efficiencies for the helpdesk as a whole.
* Develop an understanding of the numerous process flows to other IT systems, create and maintain user accounts
* Create Help Desk tickets in the designated ticket tracking system, provide an initial acknowledgement to the end user validating receipt of the ticket
* If possible resolve ticket, communicate resolution to the end user and obtain customer sign-off before closing ticket. If unable to resolve thoroughly document ticket with actions taken in an attempt to resolve and escalate ticket in accordance with company procedure
* Assist users with account creation, accessing and using IT systems
* Update Standard Operating Procedures documents to adapt to new system functionality or configuration changes
* Receive, triage and route tickets to Tier 2 Help Desk according
* Analyze, log and track issue and problem tickets related to Intelink application
* Compile and organize data for monthly status reports
* Provide trend analysis and metrics to the Government based on gather data and monthly status reports
* Provide daily written and oral communications, make recommendations for improving documentation
* Ensure compliance with security procedures for data handling, participate in planning sessions for process improvement
* A Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline and a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience with COTS system implementations is required.
* Must possess the ability to work across functional and technical teams to identify and report issues, coordinate activities, recommend and develop solutions in a dynamic environment.
* Must be able to work independently and possess strong analytical, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
* Must be customer and detail oriented and possess good decision-making ability.
* Ability to juggle multiple tasks and quickly change focus based on a change in the volume and urgency of user support requests.
* Offers are contingent upon Government approval and the candidate's ability to pass a Government background check. US Citizenship required. Preferred Qualifications
* Previous help desk experience at HR Connect.
* Previous Service Desk/Call Center experience, basic account administration, and Remedy experience.
* Previous Federal HR experience as well as PeopleSoft version 9.0 or higher experience is highly desirable.
* Previous help desk experience is highly desirable.
* Experience in working with the National Finance Center is also desirable.
* Experience using a standard helpdesk issue tracking system
* Strong written and verbal communications skills. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. CIVILED
Shift: 1st Shift
Relocation Assistance: United States-District of Columbia-Washington
Number of Openings: 1
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Business Sector: Information Systems
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about the serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!