|Date Posted:||Thursday, December 19th, 2019|
|Job Location:||Calgary, AB|
|Required Skills:||Intermediate and Senior .Net Developer|
Position/Title: Lead .Net Developer
Length: Permanent – Vancouver BC
Start Date: ASAP
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please respond with:
• Rate & Availability
to: Apply Now
Please note that your resume will not be forwarded to any of our clients without your explicit permission.
Thank you for your interest, however only those being considered for this role will be contacted.
Our Vancouver based client are some of the world's biggest retailers and serve massive volumes of customers and data online. To accommodate business growth and customer demands they require a senior developer to work on key accounts to help them ensure success.
Working within an Agile environment, the Lead Developer uses their leadership, technical & organizational expertise to lead a development project team in ensuring successful delivery of software components and deliverables. The Lead Developer is the primary contact for PM', BA's & EA's and oversees the career development of the developers within the team.
• Leads the development of technology solutions which utilizes our client’s processes, templates, best practices and standards to maximize reliability, functionality, and integrity while minimizing costs and cycle time.
• Works with the Senior/Lead Developers & Enterprise Architects to facilitate the architecture and design of the solutions.
• Consults with the Enterprise Architects as required resolving any issues.
• Leads the development team to design and implement the architecture vision.
• Mentors developers and assists them in resolving issues.
• Drives problem determination and resolution.
• Ensures PM's have accurate technical advice, assessments and estimates form development team.
• Assists in transfer of business and technology knowledge.
• Promotes team effectiveness by removing technical blockers.
• Communicates with all areas to ensure a smooth efficient process.
• Reports status to PM on a regular basis.
• Consults with others to solve problems when required.
• Participates in regular Lead Developer meetings and ensures others are aware of technical successes & innovations.
• Communicates outcomes of Lead Developer meetings to development team.
• Participates in Product demos.
• Schedules & participates in code reviews.
Experience & Skills Required:
• Post-secondary degree/diploma in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 6+ years' experience in (web)-application development utilizing C#.NET in Visual Studio.
• 2+ years' experience in relational database development utilizing Microsoft SQL Server
• 3+ years' experience with software version management systems (e.g. Perforce) and task/bug tracking software (e.g. JIRA)
• 2+ years in leadership role
• Demonstrated working experience in an Agile / SCRUM development environment
• Experience with technologies such as MVC, ORM, IOC, etc.
• Excellent understanding of and some experience using Test Driven Development.
• Deep understanding of object-oriented design patters and pragmatic programming principles.
• Experience with Sitefinity CMS considered a strong asset.
• Expertise with nServiceBus and MSMQ considered a strong asset.
• Experience with high-performance, scalable enterprise systems would be a strong asset.
• Real experience (at least 5 years') with large design efforts, enterprise level deployment, and n-tier architecture.
• Proven track record successfully mentoring other developers in .NET technology and code quality.
• Excellent English communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Experience in tight deadline, high pressure environment.
Our client offers competitive salary, company paid health benefits, above average paid time off, training, company paid social nights, dog friendly environment, popcorn Fridays and many more social activities.
"Modis is one of the world's largest and most respected providers of Information Technology Resource Management (ITRM) services."
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about the serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!