|Date Posted:||Friday, January 10th, 2020|
|Job Location:||Vancouver, BC|
|Required Skills:||Senior .Net Developer|
As a Senior Software Developer located in Vancouver, you will design, implement and deliver software components for some of the world’s largest retailers (Costco, Walmart, Walgreens CVS Pharmacy, Tesco …). You will tackle the technical challenges in an agile environment with massive data storage (5 PB) that serve copious volumes of customers (20 million) and data (2 TB daily) online.
It would be expected of you to actively propose new solutions to “old” problems, seek out the bad code and fix it, champion the change to new technology and new processes and above all have the real passion for coding. You will also be responsible for helping to lead your team and coaching and mentoring junior developers and developers within your team.
Your Key Accountabilities:
• Ship high-quality working software to customers.
• Work collaboratively in a small team with the Developers, QA, PM, BA and Enterprise
Architects to understand business initiatives and deliver solution in small increments.
• Mentor developers and assist them in resolving issues.
• Passionately drive problem determination and resolution.
• Help PM’s in managing change.
• Contributes to our technical evolution by sharing of business and technology
• Motivate development team.
Required Experience & Skills:
• Bachelor of Science or 2 year post-secondary degree plus experience
• 8+ years experience in the industry.
• 7+ years experience in application development utilizing C#.NET in Visual Studio.
• 5+ years experience in relational database development utilizing Microsoft SQL
• 5+ years experience with software version management systems and task/bug tracking
software (e.g. JIRA).
• Extensive experience with technologies such as WCF, REST, MVC, ORM, IOC,
• Excellent understanding of and some experience using Test Driven Development.
• Deep understanding of object-oriented design patters and pragmatic programming
• Previous EA experience is an asset.
• Previous experience leading and or managing a team
• You know what DDD means.
• You understand Bridge, Factory, Façade and Decorator, but you are not interior
• You know why RabbitMQ is better than MSMQ.
• You tried .NET Nuke.
• You understand why Angular and not Knockout.
• You understand why we depend on NDepend.
Salary: Depending on experience.
Position type: Permanent
If you or anyone you know may be a good fit for the role please forward an updated resume to Apply Now
Please note: While all interest is appreciated, only those who are qualified will be contacted (legal permission to work in Canada inclusive).
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about the serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!