|Date Posted:||Friday, March 6th, 2020|
|Job Location:||Rocklin, CA|
|Pay Rate:||$75.00 - $80.00 per year|
|Required Skills:||Business Analyst Full time Job in Rocklin, CA|
Modis is seeking a Business Analyst for our client in the Sacramento Region. This is a Full time position direct hire opportunity with a Faith Based Company
The Business Analyst for New Media focuses on analysis and operational duties for the New Media department. Primary area of focus would be serving as the Business Analyst for web, mobile and digital related projects that enhance our client’s brands. As a member in a formal project teams (new development & change requests), responsible for gathering and analyzing data, defining business specifications, and analyzing and documenting business processes. This position also has a secondary focus that involves providing support and training to various ministry users and serving as the primary liaison to these users.
Focus and Scope Essential duties and responsibilities, i.e. those which are basic, necessary, and an integral part of the job, are indicated below.
• Identify, evaluate and document business needs and objectives, operational processes and procedures, problems and requirements.
• Recommend operational, user interface and process improvements based on efficiencies and available technologies.
• Work closely with web developers pertaining to bug fixes, change requests, enhancements and new releases
• Responsible for code QA, UAT and components moving to production, and post go-live monitoring. Respond to website, mobile and related inquiries, working to provide timely responses to requestors.
• Assist with day to day administration and operational duties related to web content publishing and maintenance.
• Consult with management and staff to identify and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedure, problems, input and output requirements, data scope, usage, formatting, and security requirements. Preparing detailed flow charts and diagrams outlining systems capabilities, data flows and processes.
• Communicate business requirements and technical specifications to the web developers and other technical team members.
• Develop, coordinate and implement plans to test business and functional processes.
• Document, organize and maintain business and functional requirements. Assist others in the writing of user documentation, instructions and procedures. Monitors and documents post-implementation problems and revision requests.
• Produce documentation, including project plans, analytical reports, decision backup, information research reports, budget analysis, training plans, business justification and graphics.
• Generate management reports illustrating statistical data, text and graphics.
• Maintain a repository of performance metrics. Maintain internal knowledge wiki
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Provide Web Content Management support and training for authors. Driving implementation and roll out of any new WCMS processes and procedures.
• Regularly communicate with stakeholders at all levels.
• Supports and contributes to a safe and healthy work environment. Specifically, following EMF’s Injury Prevention and Safety program, support and maintain safety standards, and participate in safety programs.
Relationships; Qualifications and Requirements
Reports to: Director of New Media
Direct reports: N/A
Qualifications and Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in IT, MIS or Business
Qualifications, Experience and Expertise: Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a cross-functional Business Analysis role.
Minimum of 2 years of experience interpreting customer business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements.
• Experience collecting, analyzing and presenting data.
• Experience conducting business studies and recommend solutions.
• Experience using common diagramming techniques (DFD, ERD, Functional Decomp, etc.)
• Experience creating and maintaining web taxonomy, wireframes, information architecture, and content maps
• Working knowledge of marketing & promotion functions, specifically as it relates to web, mobile and social media presence
• Knowledge and experience with website publishing tools and processes
• Strong understanding of SDLC and/or agile development
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong attention to detail, with a keen eye for accuracy.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and problem-solve with others in multiple departments.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent writing skills with prior experience preparing reports & presentations.
• Proven ability to prioritize and support multiple projects simultaneously.
• Expert level Visio, Excel, MS Project and Access experience, working knowledge of SQL & HTML
Employment Requirements: Must pass a pre-employment reference and background screen Proof of legal authorization to work in the United States
Equipment Used: Personal Computer, Telephone, IT systems, services and Microsoft development environments
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. ¿ Physical: The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel, work keys and locks, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Work Environment: The employee is regularly in a typical office environment with adequate light and moderate noise levels. Employee to employee interaction in person, over the telephone, and/or via computer is high.
Competencies and Performance Factors Below are expectations for core competencies and performance factors.
Competencies and Performance Factors
• Quality of work: Ability to provide neat, accurate and thorough quality work at an appropriate level based on understanding gained through experience, education, and training.
• Productivity: Ability to produce required volume of work in a timely manner.
• Initiative: Ability to start and complete assignments without specific directions; recognize problems and apply or suggest viable creative solutions; engage in professional growth activities.
• Flexibility / Versatility: Ability and willingness to learn new tasks and adapt to change; establish priorities and handle various tasks simultaneously; perform job under pressure or in critical situations.
• Cooperation / Relations / Coaching: Ability and willingness to cooperate with and effectively communicate with supervisors, peers, direct reports, listeners, donors and guests (as they apply). Shares information with others as needed and works well within a team environment. Welcomes and seeks constructive feedback and actively applies the input given to duties and position.
• Dependability: Ability and willingness to be relied upon to plan, organize, and fulfill all of their commitments.
• Communication Skills: Ability to effectively transmit ideas, thoughts and information clearly and concisely to others in verbal and written form through the appropriate person/channel. Demonstrates effective listening skills.
• Peer Leadership Skills (staff level): Willingness to take ownership of team projects and see them to completion. Acts as a mentor among peers. Seeks ways to improve morale, present a positive image and motivate others.
• Supervision / Leadership Skills (management level): Ability to plan, organize and control work activities; train, motivate and maintain morale; evaluate performance and communicate at all levels, including timely and relevant feedback to employees.
• Ministry Environment: Ability to support the ministry environment, understand its purpose, promote and comply with Our Client policies and procedures and exhibit an attitude consistent with a positive and supportive work environment.
• Attendance / Punctuality: Record of attendance, punctuality (daily work attendance, required staff meetings, events, training) and discretion in taking breaks in accordance with our client’s policies and procedures.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about the serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!