|Date Posted:||Friday, March 13th, 2020|
|Job Location:||Portland, OR|
|Required Skills:||Analysis, Architecture, CASE, Development, Linux, Networks, Windows|
Dell RNA Networks - Software Development Principal Engineer- Portland, OR
Join Dell and you'll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you'll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
Dell is looking for a Software Engineerexperienced with server, storage, and virtualization technologies interested in building compelling business based storage caching solutions.
* Working with marketing and solutions teams to define, develop, and launch host based distributed storage cache solutions
* Driving cross functional development efforts through the conception, planning, development, and sustaining of integrated end to end caching solutions
* Being the technical expert and resource for our caching solutions
* Production quality code development of core modules within our host cache product
* Providing mentoring and technical leadership to the team.
* Key contributer to the FluidCache architecture and owner of core functionality
* Be able to defend architectural decisions and provide completeness to designs.
* 7 to 10 to years of experience in software development directly related to storage caching or distributed caching solutions
* Experience developing system level software for Windows and Linux platforms
* Strong proficiency developing in C
* Proficiency in critical design analysis for performance and failure case handling
* Hands on experience with virtualization technologies and how these relate to SAN and NAS storage.
* Strong background in computer architecture with an emphasis in x86 architecture
* Strong communication and presentation skills
* Prefer experience in enterprise IT environments where server and/or client virtualization solutions were successfully defined and deployed
* Ability to organize and manage multiple projects, setting priorities and working independently under aggressive timelines
* Ability to write and analyze requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, test plans, and documentation
* BSCS, engineering or equivalent, MSCS preferred
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell's team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations.
The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
Our team members' health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Department: Engineering - Software Development Engineer
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about the serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!