|Date Posted:||Tuesday, May 5th, 2020|
|Job Location:||New York, NY|
|Pay Rate:||$175,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year|
|Required Skills:||Vp of Software Development|
Modis is seeking experienced VP of Software Development for one of their clients
Our Client, Located in New York, NY; is the leader in their Industry. Our client desires to hire this candidate on a permanent basis
This position is a member of our client’s development leadership focusing on development of our Digital Commerce Solutions. The initial objectives for this role will be to build and manage a development feature team in New York. The team will be responsible for developing digital commerce solutions and products. Candidates should have extensive understanding and knowledge of software operations and development.
• Provide leadership and direction to a software development team in the development of Digital Commerce solutions across our services as well as web and mobile applications.
• Initially build one of two feature development teams and lead the e-commerce application development efforts of that team.
• Ensure software designs align with Enterprise Architecture and leverage our enterprise services.
• Ensure development teams use the appropriate standard development methodologies and follow our technology standards, and that all projects and development are appropriately documented.
• Ensure that software and system design and delivery support the goal of zero down time in production.
• Define a key set of quality and performance metrics appropriate to a software development organization.
• Identify and recruit top notch talent to build a world class software development organization.
• Work closely with business partners on product definition, product roadmaps, business case development, and overall direction for the team.
• Ensure approved staffing levels are maintained, departmental and staff education, training and cross training needs are met.
• Ensure budgets are managed to investment a target, ensuring the team complies with all financial management processes.
• Respond to operational and business concerns or issues relative to future business programs, projects, or enhancements to ensure consistent delivery of quality services.
Required Experience & Skills
* Bachelor’s Degree in related functional area or equivalent work experience with exposure to management theories and concepts.
* Extensive experience in designing and developing consumer facing e-commerce and Mobile Commerce products is a must have.
* Experience is leading Java development efforts is required. Experience with JBoss, Drools, Primefaces, Seam, Taylor MDA, and Enterprise Java Beans is highly desired.
* Experience in leading teams in software development for eCommerce and mobile commerce solutions.
* Experience with software development methodologies, particularly with Agile methodologies.
* 8+ years of experience in software delivery.
* Experience building highly skilled technology teams.
* Proven verbal and written communications skills are a requirement for this role and experience with the following deliverables is critical: requirements documents, design documents, product roadmaps, and project financial analysis.
For immediate consideration, please reply through this website.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about the serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!