|Date Posted:||Wednesday, June 17th, 2020|
|Job Location:||Austin, TX|
|Job Duration:||7 - 9 months|
|Required Skills:||SYSTEMS ENGINEER, AWS, VMWARE, NETWORKING, TCP/IP|
Title: Cloud Systems Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Austin, TX
Payrate for this role will be $50/hr on W-2 (No 1099 or C2C)
Our client is seeking a technically savvy, results-oriented, and quality-focused individual with strong, hands-on infrastructure administration skills to design, administer, tune, secure and maintain a global online gaming hosting infrastructure.
- This individual will play an active role in all aspects of deployment for front-end online game server environments and will be part of a 24x7 global operations group.
- The Cloud Engineer works as a key member of the IT infrastructure team responsible for the continued development of the cloud/virtualization capabilities and the delivery and implementation of these capabilities to the game development partners.
- Delivery core administration and delivery tasks around all aspects of the public cloud /private cloud infrastructure
- Liaise with other teams within Online IT to provide for continual improvement of the cloud/virtualization capabilities
- Provide advanced (level 3) infrastructure as a service (IaaS) troubleshooting support before, during, and after project rollout of public/private cloud environments
- Rotational 24/7 on-call support as needed
- Collaborate with architecture on hosting solutions and options
- Coordinate with security and network engineering to provide a robust and secure hosting offering
- Quickly and thoroughly evaluate emerging virtualization technologies to provide objective reviews of capability, functionality, and compatibility with existing infrastructure
- BS Degree in MIS/Computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with AWS public cloud deployments, understanding of existing AWS technology offerings and experience with integrated public cloud services is required.
- High level to expert level experience with virtualization technologies such as Xen, KVM and/or VMWare
- Experience with IAAS private cloud systems such as Eucalyptus, Cloudstack, Openstack is highly desirable.
- Experience with IAAS private storage technologies such as Swift or Ceph is a plus.
- Experience with Rackspace Cloud Servers or Cloud Files is a plus
- Experience w/ NAS (NFS/CIFS/iSCSI)
- Strong TCP/IP and networking knowledge is a must with comprehensive knowledge of: WAN, LAN, routing, switching, NAT, VPN, DHCP, DNS
- Experience with Load Balancers (e.g. Cisco and Netscaler)
- Working knowledge of CDN (e.g. Akamai, LimeLight, CloudFront)
- Strong infrastructure automation skills automating tasks in any programming language; the more the better
- Must be open to changing situations and opportunities and be willing to perform all tasks assigned without supervision.
- Experience with Orchestration and Configuration Management tools such as Rightscale, Chef, Puppet.
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity.
- Self starter, with strong aptitude towards rigorous testing and validation of work.
- Experience with scripted deployments and creating custom scripts
- Prior experience with online games or other custom applications is a plus
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban is a plus.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about the serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!