|Date Posted:||Friday, August 21st, 2015|
|Job Location:||Los Angeles, CA|
|Required Skills:||RHEL, CentOS, Fedora Linux, RPM packages, managing yum repositories|
Job Title: Linux Engineer
Position Location: Century City, CA
This position will have a broad range of responsibilities within our IT team but will focus on maintaining Linux servers and desktops for all Company sites. Qualified candidates must be open to working at all levels of support and different types of projects.
BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
Extensive knowledge of RHEL, CentOS and Fedora Linux including kickstart, building RPM packages, managing yum repositories, etc.
Scripting experience in at least two of: Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl
Extensive experience in automating systems with Chef, Puppet, CFEngine, Salt Stack, etc
Knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP, UDP, ICMP, IP multicast, IGMP, DHCP, PXE, DNS
Managing Linux authentication to Microsoft Active Directory or LDAP
Time synchronization with NTP and PTP (IEEE1588)
Using and managing Version Control Systems such as Perforce and git
Continuously integrating code with Jenkins or Bamboo
Intimate knowledge of Intel x86 hardware architecture
Standard network file system protocols such as NFS, SMB and distributed parallel file systems such as GPFS and Lustre
A strong mindset on security with experience in PKI, Kerberos, SSL/TLS, VPN, Deep Packet Inspection, sudo, encryption algorithms, cryptographic hashing, audits, penetration testing
Experience in managing data centers around the globe including initial design, capacity planning and forecasting
Virtualization with VMware, KVM a plus
Using Splunk for monitoring, analysis and alerts
Willing to take part in a 24/7 on call rotation and serve as the subject matter expert of all things Linux
Willing to travel several times a year for data center projects
Fostering close relationships with technology vendors
>Experience in Low Latency Trading operations is a plus
Other Desired Qualifications:
Experience supporting and troubleshooting Redhat Linux OS.
Experience troubleshooting TCP/IP networking (tcpdump, packet captures, stack tuning).
Experience working in the financial industry.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
- IT Jobs in Canada:
- AlbertaBritish ColumbiaManitobaNew BrunswickNewfoundland and LabradorNorthwest TerritoriesNova ScotiaNunavutOntarioPrince Edward IslandQuebecSaskatchewanYukon
- IT Jobs in the United Kingdom:
- EnglandNorthern IrelandScotlandWales
- IT Jobs in the United States:
- AlabamaAlaskaArizonaArkansasCaliforniaColoradoConnecticutDelawareDistrict of ColumbiaFloridaGeorgiaHawaiiIdahoIllinoisIndianaIowaKansasKentuckyLouisianaMaineMarylandMassachusettsMichiganMinnesotaMississippiMissouriMontanaNebraskaNevadaNew HampshireNew JerseyNew MexicoNew YorkNorth CarolinaNorth DakotaOhioOklahomaOregonPennsylvaniaRhode IslandSouth CarolinaSouth DakotaTennesseeTexasUtahVermontVirginiaWashingtonWest VirginiaWisconsinWyomingSilicon ValleySan Francisco Bay Area