|Date Posted:||Friday, August 21st, 2015|
|Job Location:||Stamford, CT|
|Pay Rate:||65000 - 80000|
|Required Skills:||C#.Net or Java, SQL Server,|
The Firm is a fixed income Investment Adviser providing investment advice primarily regarding mortgage related securities. The Firm strives to maintain high standards across all business lines from investments, compliance, recruiting etc. which has resulted in historic success and provides the foundation for continued success. Additional information on the Firm is available on the SEC website and can be discussed at the appropriate time in the recruitment process.
Title: Software Developer
Description: The successful candidate will be a dynamic team player with strong work ethic, solid quantitative skills and a passion for software engineering. A computer science, math or engineering degree from a top tier school and 2-5 years’ experience developing enterprise .Net (C#) or Java applications are desired. Experience with Sql Server – including Reporting Services – Workload Automation/BPM/ESB, WCF and WPF along with knowledge of mortgage or fixed Income will strengthen the candidacy.
The candidate will work in closely with trading, risk, research and operations teams and be primarily responsible for:
• Trade entry and discrepancies and automation of these processes.
• Risk and fund performance reports.
• Data onboarding and analysis.
• Trade settlement and post processing reconciliations.
• 2-5 years’ work experience
• Strong technical skills in C# or Java
• Strong work ethic and a commitment to high quality work
• Good problem-solver; willing and able to “figure things out”
• Strong communication skills – both written and spoken
• CS/EE/Math degree (BS/BA minimum; MS/MA or PhD fine but not required)
• Top tier university (e.g. roughly within the top 50 according to US News rankings)
• Three types of written tests will be administered in addition to in-person interviews covering: (i) mathematics, (ii) computer science and (iii) written communication skills.