|Date Posted:||Tuesday, October 6th, 2020|
|Job Location:||Portland, OR|
|Pay Rate:||$125,000 - $165,000|
|Required Skills:||Data Scientist|
Data Scientist (s) design, develop, and implement data-driven solutions using machine learning technologies and advanced statistical analyses. You should be passionate about finding insights in data, comfortable with large and fragmented data sets, and command a variety of analytic tools at your disposal as a Data Scientist.
Our client with a need for a Data Scientist is working to create a seamless and frictionless experience for consumers nationwide. This presents a unique challenge and opportunity for innovative and disruptive solutions from the Data Office.
The ideal Data Scientist candidate is an independent, solution-oriented thinker with a strong background processing large data sets, applying analytical rigor and statistical methods, and driving toward actionable insights and novel solutions.
-The selected Data Scientist candidate with solid Data Science experience will design and develop end-to-end machine learning pipelines (data exploration, training data generation, feature engineering, model building, and performance evaluation) for a wide variety of projects.
-Work in a multi-disciplined team where you’ll take full ownership of turning discoveries and ideas into machine learning models.
-Design, implement, and analyze online experiments, including A/A and A/B testing, in a variety of configuration environments.
Qualified Data Scientist candidates will have many of the following requirements:
-Experience as a Data Scientist
-End to end machine learning experience.
-PhD’s preferred or MA/MS-Masters with lots of experience. Minimal: a BA/BS degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, or its equivalent in a related technical field and 3 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's or PhD degree preferred. Prefer a specialization in entity resolution/disambiguation, information retrieval, machine learning, or natural language processing.
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable working with large data sets and ability to transform data into actionable insights.
- Exceptional technical skills:
- Strong programming skills in at least one language such as Python, Java, Scala, C++, Julia
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with unstructured & semi-structured data sources and requisite processing tools
- Ability to work in an agile environment
Preferred Capabilities & Responsibilities:
- Passion for helping healthy people stay well and for improving the comfort and health level of sick people as efficiently and compassionately as possible
- Familiarity with retail, e-commerce, or financial analytics, including approaches such as life event modeling, customer lifetime value
- Experience in Big Data Hadoop, Spark, Storm or related paradigms and associated languages such as Pig, Hive, Mahout
- Experience in AWS, Azure, or other cloud ecosystems
- Familiarity with Big Data NoSQL databases: DynomoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB, or Neo4j
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch, Soir, or Lucene
- Published work in academic conferences or industry circles
- Demonstrated ability to guide and contribute to research of new analytic approaches, inference algorithms, and machine learning techniques
A team player attitude with excellent English verbal and written English communication skills not requiring repeating during rapid English conversation
This career opportunity is based in Portland, Oregon and offers a generous competitive starting base salary in the $120,000 to $165,000 per year range based on experience plus a possible signing bonus and great benefits. Your asking compensation will be submitted after your approval. They offer a very generous relocation package.
About WSI Nationwide:
WSI Nationwide is a specialty recruiting organization with over twenty years experience and fees paid by our selected client companies, freeing our hands to find top level candidates for better projects all over the USA.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about the serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!