|Date Posted:||Wednesday, December 2nd, 2020|
|Job Location:||Columbus, OH|
|Required Skills:||Sr Windows Server Administrator in Columbus, OH|
Senior Server Administrator - Windows
Performs administration, configuration, monitoring, and updating of assigned servers. This also entails application/OS upgrades, performance tuning, problem resolution, storage administration, security administration, capacity planning, policy administration, change management, disaster recovery, backups and systems analysis. Assesses and identifies appropriate solutions to be integrated into the company’s server operation and makes recommendations for implementation. This position is hardware centric.
1. Provides all levels of management with high-end technology solutions related to Windows server platforms and devices at the enterprise level.
2. Analyzes, identifies, and resolves system operation and data storage issues related to the assigned servers to ensure optimum performance and storage capacity.
3. Performs preventative maintenance routines to ensure system availability and performance standards on Windows systems.
4. Responsible for the security systems and the security of the computer data on all platforms including encryption, security for vendor transfers and loss prevention monitoring of systems.
5. Assists with the implementation of system and application software. Researches, plans and ensures proper installation of new servers, SAN, and security solutions at the enterprise level.
6. Identifies and resolves system hardware and software related failures and issues. Ensures systems and business continuity through the implementation and management of disaster recovery procedures and location.
7. Automates routine administrative tasks through the use of utility script development and application scripting technologies.
8. Performs and controls manual and automatic system checks.
9. Develops standard operating procedures and other documentation to perform production support activities.
10. Increases staff skill levels by cross training. Helps raise the level of the Servers and Storage Group as a whole, up to true second and third tier performance ensuring there are no single points of knowledge.
11. Provides support on a 24x7 on-call basis as required.
1. Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience required.
2. Minimum of 5 years direct experience administrating Windows operating systems required.
3. Demonstrated experience making recommendations on hardware purchases for the Windows server environment as well as the storage environment.
4. Experience with VMWare ESX design and support required.
5. Experience with scripting using vbscript or powershell to automate system functions required.
6. Experience with Active Directory administration and design required.
7. Experience with HP Proliant servers and blades preferred.
8. Experience with IBM storage support preferred.
9. Ability to solve work related issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
10. Experience with HP UX, AIX, Linux, Teradata and HP Non Store preferred.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about some serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!