|Date Posted:||Tuesday, December 29th, 2020|
|Job Location:||Manchester, UK|
|Pay Rate:||£30k - 38k per year|
|Required Skills:||IT Security Analyst|
IT Security Analyst Manchester £30-35,000
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager leading the delivery of the IT Security agenda across a large multi-site retail enterprise, working within a team of skilled infrastructure engineers, this role is newly formed and designed to be the SME / subject matter expert within the team.
Ambassador for sensible security measures, there will be many quick wins and long term strategic involvement.
A great opportunity for an IT engineer with interest and specific experience within security, or a security specialist wanting to broaden skill set and play lead role in raising security awareness within the IT team and the user population of c 4000 staff across UK
A big job but well supported, with a fabulous team and very strong manager / mentor.
The IT Security Analyst’s focus is on monitoring/managing the company’s implemented IT security solutions across all approved technologies and assisting in projects where IT security solutions are designed and delivered.
Scope of Role:
• The IT Security Analyst will be responsible for completing the foregoing work and tasks, and act as a co-ordinator and SME for all IT Security matters.
• Manage and monitor IT Security framework to maintain compliance across the group.
• Monitor, report on and respond to common IT Security
• Review and validate all management information generated from company security products
• Promote awareness and adherence to the Information Security policy, processes and standards.
Skills / Competencies Required:
o Windows network security administration experience.
o Proven experience with establishing a monitoring and reporting programme
o Experience in undertaking risk assessments.
o Working knowledge and thorough understanding with secure configuration and monitoring of Check-point, Cisco ASA or Cisco network appliances.
o Know-how and administrator-level knowledge in operating security management tools, including report generation and interpretation.
o Experience with threat analysis and risk management.
o CISSP or CISM qualified – advantageous but not essential
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Delivery of IT Security projects supporting the business plan and strategy.
• Perform validation checks on IT risk and compliance review documents.
• Management and reporting on IT Security risk review documentation.
• Production of regular service reporting suite and execution of resulting actions.
• Business support in IT Security.
• Communicate gaps in IT Security which affect regulatory and legislative compliance.
• Ensure all work performed complies with company standards and policies.
• Attend regular subject matter related conferences (IPExpo, Info Sec conference).
• Work proactively with the IT Operations team to ensure compliance.
Skills and Competencies:
• Information/IT security
• Threat analysis
• Vulnerability management
• Demonstrable expertise in Excel and similar data manipulation/reporting tools.
• Excellent communication and networking skills.
• Logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Ability to manage own workload and prioritise workload effectively.
• Knowledge and experience of the ISO27001 standard.
• Computer-related degree or equivalent.
Relevant technologies (including, not limited to):
• Firewall Logs
• Scansafe Logs ( Web content)
• Mobile Iron Logs (MDM)
• Sophos (Desktop)
• Symantec (Servers)
• Hexis APT
• Mimecast operational logs
• Wintel Security Event Logs
• IDS/IPS Logs (To be acquired)
• Cisco Various
• AD Reporting Logs
Personal qualities suited to this role and business:
• Tenacity and ability to respond to significant challenge.
• Proactive structured and logical thinker to enable decision making.
• Honest and frank about issues as well as successes.
• Desire to succeed.
• Resilient in the face of change and challenge.
The opportunity is open ended for someone with initiative, ideas and enthusiasm for change and continuous improvement.
You will not be hand-held, this is a role for a self starter, not afraid of taking measured risks within the confines of a role designed to minimise risk!
About Uniting Ambition:
We’re Uniting Ambition, a specialist company that provides recruitment and talent management services to businesses at varying stages of growth, from start-up and medium sized enterprises through to global brands.
We’re exceptionally proud of what we’ve achieved, having been recognised as one of the UK’s fastest growing businesses by the Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track Top 100 for two consecutive years. We firmly believe that our business growth is down to our people, and that yours should be too.
Finding people who want a job is easy, the hard part is finding those who are the right fit for the role and the company. That’s why we use a clever combination of digital marketing, market intelligence and recruitment expertise to make sure we attract the best in the market.
We’ve been successfully placing talented people in permanent, contract and temporary positions across the UK since 2006. Our unique approach allows us to put the needs of our customers and candidates first, ensuring we provide an outstanding recruitment experience every time.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about some serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!