|Date Posted:||Friday, January 22nd, 2021|
|Job Location:||Houston, TX|
|Pay Rate:||$85,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year|
|Required Skills:||Linux/Windows System Administrator|
Linux/ Windows System Engineer
• Specification, Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of multitier applications (i.e.
• Installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Basic Installation and configuration of Oracle Databases and other third party Software.
• Preparation of test scenarios to exercise system sizing and performance.
• Preparation and execution of system integration confidence testing
• Works directly with the Customers to demonstrate basic system functionality.
• Works directly with the Customers to triage problems related to system configuration, system bugs or customer data.
• Prepares and Performs customer training and/or workshops.
• Prepares detailed installation instructions documents.
• Interfaces with Global Customer Support and Professional Services Organization to effectively build, test and commission Network Manager Systems to existing customers.
• Strives for continuous improvement of methods, processes, productivity and quality, while reducing costs.
• Travels 25% of the time as needed to fulfill responsibilities.
• Ability to understand and write in different scripting languages i.e. (powershell, vbs, Linux shell, perl etc.).
• A good understanding of RedHat Linux operating system
• A good understanding of Windows Operating systems (XP, Windows 7, Server 2003, Server 2008) including Active
• Directory, DNS, and Group Policy.
• A good understanding of Oracle RDBMS systems.A basic understanding of TCP/IP networking.
• Ability to prepare and conduct technical training to customer personnel, in a clear and communicative manner.
• Ability to work within established procedures, methodology and guidelines on a continuous basis.
• Ability to improve established procedures, methodologies and guidelines.
• Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet schedules.
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines. Ability to support multiple concurrent projects.
• Proficient in Microsoft products including Word, Excel, Project, etc.
• Knowledge of Application Lifecycle management processes and tools, (Change management, Software Configuration
• Management, Software Testing, Issue Management, etc)
• Proficient in scripting languages such as PERL and/or bash, ksh, csh.
• A basic understanding of real time SCADA/EMS/GMS and/or DMS/OMSsystems within the electric utility industry.
• A good understanding of setting up and maintaining Virtual and Cloud based environments (VMWare).
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about some serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!