|Date Posted:||Monday, February 15th, 2021|
|Job Location:||Fort Wayne, IN|
|Job Duration:||Over 1 year|
|Required Skills:||video engineer server operations VoD linear IMG cluster infrastucture Linux Red Hat RHEL Windows telecommunications telco/cable audio MPEG2 internet caching FiOS IPTV streamers|
Our Telecommunication Client is seeking a Video Engineer. One year contract. Full time hire possible if desired.
Will serve as a member of the Video Server Operations Group which is responsible for support systems required to deliver linear video, Video on Demand (VoD), and Interactive Media Guide (IMG). Maintains the clustered server infrastructure used to service multiple geographically distributed video markets. Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the systems infrastructure. Involved in hardware procurement, system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, troubleshooting and servicing using skills as an experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and procedures. Resolves a wide range of server hardware and application issues. Demonstrates considerable judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions Handles shift work, unusual hours, and on-call rotations as required. Document and record system changes and enhancements. Maintains system backup and restoration processes
Desired Skills and Experience:
Requires 5+ Years experience with RHEL or Windows Server Environments
Requires 3 -5 years Linux or Windows Administration experience maintaining multiple servers across multiple domains in a mixed Windows/Linux environment
Requires 3 – 5 years System Automation/Scripting in Shell (Bash and/or C Shell), Perl, Python or Powershell
Requires 3 – 5 years’ experience configuring SYSLOG - Local and Remote
Requires 3 – 5 years Red Hat Cluster or Windows clustering
Requires 3 – 5 years Apache Web Server or Internet Information Services
3 – 5 years with MSSQL or MySQL
Must have experience installing applications in a Clustered environment for High Availability and failover.
Must have a working knowledge of symmetric and asymmetric encryption commonly used in PKI.
Requires 3 – 5 years Nagios, Icinga, or SCOM – Installation, Configuration and Tuning
Experience with Video and Audio CODECS related to MPEG2,4 and ABR HLS.
Experience with MPEG Transport streams, encoders, transcoders, Media Converters, and Encryption.
Experience in the Cable TV Head Ends and Telecommunications Delivery networks (DSL and PON technologies)
Certification highly desirable but not required
• Red Hat RHCT/RHCSA or Microsoft MCSA preferred
• Red Hat RHCE on RHEL 6 and RHDS or Microsoft MCSE Highly Desirable
Eight or more years of network engineering experience performing hands-on network design, configuration, and troubleshooting of carrier or large enterprise networks, 3+ year experience with video caching, CDN, and video or web acceleration technologies. Tier 1 or Tier 2 . Telco/Cable experience highly desired.
• Strong experience authoring network specifications and diagrams (MS Word/Visio or equivalent)
• Strong experience working with multicast and next-generation Video delivery technologies (IPTV, ABR HLS, Smooth Streaming, etc.)
• Strong experience with internet caching technologies and/or global CDNs (Akamai, LimeLight, EdgeCast, etc.)
Additional Job Details:
• Strong experience with Web technologies and protocols (HTTP, SSL, HTML, XML, etc.)
• Experience configuring and maintaining content delivery systems such as caches, streamers, origin servers, request routing systems, load balancers, log aggregation systems, etc.
• Experience with FiOS, IPTV (Mediaroom) and TV Everywhere (Azuki) middleware systems
• Experience with Windows and Linux system administration and related tools
• Experience programming and/or a working knowledge of scripting languages used in Linux and Windows Systems.
• Experience configuring common Internet services and applications (Web, DNS, SFTP, etc.)
• Experience with tools for stress testing of networks and related equipment
• Experience with packet/protocol fault analysis for common IP and Ethernet protocols using network traces or sniffer captures
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about some serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!