|Date Posted:||Monday, April 5th, 2021|
|Job Location:||Tampa, FL|
|Pay Rate:||$70,000.00 per year|
|Required Skills:||Network Engineer|
Mastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are currently seeking a Network Engineer for our client in the Services domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Permanent position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Location: Tampa, FL
Compensation: Minimum $70,000.00/Annually
Role: Network Engineer
Role Description: The Network Engineer would need to have at least 5 years of experience. This Candidate will be responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components.
A Network Engineer performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction. This Network Engineer also provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.).
- Configure and setup Cisco Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications.
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments.
- Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking.
- Assist in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether-Channel (Bonding), etc.
- Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
- Maintaining multi-site network operations and software applications, operating systems and regular maintenance with both private and public facilities.
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors and etc. to provide technical assistance and support.
- Supervising the administration of systems and servers related network to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Complete time logs within 48 hours of completing tasks to ensure accurate and timely billing of customers.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required.
- Cisco Unified Communication Manager Configuration and infrastructure a plus.
- Windows Server 2003 & 2008; Exchange and/or SQL experience a plus.
- Knowledge of VoIP implementation and support.
- Maintain network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small business environment.
- Availability in response to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- Current CCNA and/or CCDA certificate.
Education: 4 years
Experience: Minimum 5 years
Relocation: No, this position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor
Years of Experience Required: More than 5 years
Expected Travel Time: None
About Mastech, Inc.:
Since 1986, we've been helping companies find the IT talent they need to grow, matching IT professionals with exciting new opportunities to advance professionally. Whether you need to staff a project or need to find a job, make Mastech your talent partner.
With 30 years of experience under our belts, we know a thing or two about IT staffing. Mastech evolved from a start-up IT staffing firm into a leading provider of high-quality IT talent with expertise in complex technologies, a high degree of professionalism, and an ability to deliver results. Thanks to our team’s dedication—and under the guidance of CEO Kevin Horner, formerly CIO of metal mega-giant Alcoa - Mastech was the fastest-growing public staffing firm in the US in 2012. Today, Mastech has more than 200 employees and 850 consultants nationwide. We’ve also been listed four times as an Inc. Magazine fastest-growing company in the U.S.; named among the Top 100 Hot Growth companies by BusinessWeek; and recognized in the Technology Fast 50 by Deloitte. We don’t play favorites; we partner with clients in every industry, including financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, telecommunications, transportation, as well as in the public sector.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about some serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!