|Date Posted:||Monday, May 3rd, 2021|
|Job Location:||Santa Monica, CA|
|Required Skills:||Java, Android SDK, MySQL, XML, JSON and web services, Bugzilla or Jira|
Kforce client in Santa Monica, CA is hiring for an Android Developer for permanent opportunity. The Software Engineer - Android- in this role is responsible for mobile software development for Beats' family of products. This individual will be working to develop awesome software that is scalable, functional, and reliable.
* Develop mobile applications for the Android mobile operating systems.
* Develop user interfaces that are intuitive, usable, visually appealing and easy to learn.
* Develop software requirements specifications and software design specifications.
* Develop working, readable, testable, scalable, maintainable, and quality source code.
* Deliver materials on time, on budget, and of high quality.
* Work with hardware and software developers in a wide range of disciplines to develop fully integrated applications.
* B.S. in Computer Science or other related disciplines.
* 5+ years of software development.
* 3+ years of hands on development experience in Java, and Android SDK.
* 3+ years experience using integrated development environments such as Eclipse.
* Must have developed applications that are currently available in Android marketplaces, or are used widely by a large group (executables, documents, or any materials will be asked for during the interview process).
* Must have experience developing for multiple form factors (Phone/Tablet) and multiple resolutions.
* Experience with Bluetooth, and NFC wireless technologies on Android platforms.
* Experience with the Google's Android user interface guidelines.
* Experience with user stories, use cases, UML, and any other requirements/designs methodologies.
* Experience with third party APIs such as Facebook, Google Analytics, Gigya, Spotify, etc.
* Experience with fast prototyping tools (i.e. mockflow, or photoshop) for wireframes and full user interface prototypes.
* Experience with other technologies like MySQL, XML, JSON and web services.
* Knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design with appropriate use of Design Patterns.
* Knowledge of source code control tools like Git, SVN or CVS.
* Knowledge of Agile software development. Knowledge of other software development life cycles like RUP or Waterfall is acceptable.
* Knowledge of bug tracking tools like Bugzilla or Jira.
* Familiarity with Test Driven Development experience and knowledge of testing frameworks such as JUnit, JMock, etc.
* Familiarity with voice recognition and sensor based SDKs.
* Experience with iOS development is a plus.
* Experience with PC or Mac application development is a plus.
* Experience with web development is a plus.
Browse IT Jobs by location:
To search for remote jobs, enter optional keywords followed by Remote.
To search for remote jobs in a specific country, add that country. For example, Remote UK.
Enter Silicon Valley or
Alberta – 11 jobs
British Columbia – 10 jobs
Manitoba – 0 jobs
New Brunswick – 0 jobs
Newfoundland and Labrador – 0 jobs
Northwest Territories – 0 jobs
Nova Scotia – 0 jobs
Nunavut – 0 jobs
Ontario – 13 jobs
Prince Edward Island – 0 jobs
Quebec – 0 jobs
Saskatchewan – 0 jobs
Yukon – 0 jobs
England – 59 jobs
Northern Ireland – 0 jobs
Scotland – 0 jobs
Wales – 0 jobs
Alabama – 2 jobs
Alaska – 1 job
Arizona – 4 jobs
Arkansas – 14 jobs
California – 100 jobs
Colorado – 16 jobs
Connecticut – 8 jobs
Delaware – 2 jobs
District of Columbia – 15 jobs
Florida – 31 jobs
Georgia – 13 jobs
Hawaii – 2 jobs
Idaho – 2 jobs
Illinois – 14 jobs
Indiana – 9 jobs
Iowa – 8 jobs
Kansas – 1 job
Kentucky – 4 jobs
Louisiana – 4 jobs
Maine – 0 jobs
Maryland – 11 jobs
Massachusetts – 43 jobs
Michigan – 6 jobs
Minnesota – 11 jobs
Mississippi – 0 jobs
Missouri – 5 jobs
Montana – 0 jobs
Nebraska – 1 job
Nevada – 1 job
New Hampshire – 1 job
New Jersey – 48 jobs
New Mexico – 2 jobs
New York – 152 jobs
North Carolina – 17 jobs
North Dakota – 0 jobs
Ohio – 18 jobs
Oklahoma – 2 jobs
Oregon – 26 jobs
Pennsylvania – 22 jobs
Rhode Island – 3 jobs
South Carolina – 4 jobs
South Dakota – 0 jobs
Tennessee – 3 jobs
Texas – 48 jobs
Utah – 8 jobs
Vermont – 0 jobs
Virginia – 19 jobs
Washington – 31 jobs
West Virginia – 0 jobs
Wisconsin – 5 jobs
Wyoming – 0 jobs
Our commitment to job seekers
Job seekers, we're committed to making your job search experience a breeze. Please, note the following four things:
- We never ask you to register or fill out an application form with a million questions. Everything is in your resume, and if job posters have questions, they can and should follow up with an interview. That's what an interview is for!
- We never direct you to various third-party websites or Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) where you have to register or fill out the same huge application forms again and again and again
- We use Ajax to submit your resume, and here's the zest of our website
- By default, we save your application information in local storage. If your cover letter is generic enough, you'll save a few keystrokes when you apply for another job!
It's extremely easy to submit your resume to multiple jobs on our website! Please, check us out and help spread the word about us!
Our domain name is easy to remember. Those who know C++, C# or Java will easily recognize the static keyword in our company name.
Now, if you're really brave, we encourage you to read about some serious problems this website addresses. These problems plague all niche job boards out there as well as the big guns in the recruitment industry. This is the most important part! Please, read it!